License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

Guys.. might sound simple, but I had a situation like this previously and the first thing I did was check the BTB directory and it had 2 licences. The program appears to take the earliest licence in this situation still. Try deleting all the licences and redwnloading them again.

I have run the HID.exe on my new computer (running Windows 7) and while it comes up saying that the file has been created and is located in the BTB folder, nothing shows up. On my older computer which runs Vista I've never had any issue creating new license files. Any help would be appreciated.

I have run the HID.exe on my new computer (running Windows 7) and while it comes up saying that the file has been created and is located in the BTB folder, nothing shows up. On my older computer which runs Vista I've never had any issue creating new license files. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried running the HID.exe as administrator?

Guys.. might sound simple, but I had a situation like this previously and the first thing I did was check the BTB directory and it had 2 licenses. The program appears to take the earliest license in this situation still. Try deleting all the licenses and redownloading them again.

I am having the same problem as Pascal Vincent. I tried your advice as I did have 2 licenses but it didn't work. Do I need to rename the license I download?

License does not work.... again

I worked with BTB for a year and LOVE it. Created a track from my dad's enduro karting days.

then I changed the clock for another program and BTB was locked out. I waited over a year to get a new license, but that one did not work. since then i have received 5 one-month licenses that ALL will not work.

• the clock is set back to real time

• all external drives and memory sticks are out when doing HID and trying to start BTB

• deleted all old licenses that i had in a "old license" folder

• i am administer account

• tried to contact Brendon, but have not received any reply

still it will not work.

i read at one time that windows clock "registry(?)" has to be reset. is that true?

Any and all help will be welcome!!

TAGdesign

same here. i`ve created the HW ID file, uploadet to piddy, received the license file, put into the folder (like in the past with XP, now Win7).
The last beta 0890 has worked fine for me but the xx91 doesn`t. I have check out all the tips here. Nothing of this will work for me. Hope for an update soon.

I removed 2 of my oldest harddrives from the system that were just sitting there doing nothing, now my license is not valid anymore.
Although the C: drive never changed.
I mailed Brendon about the problem but no reply till now.
Mailed him again with the original email address i purchased the license on.
Hopefully i get a new license soon.

This sort of license systems is punishing the people that actually payed for the software.
The people who use a cracked version have a easy install with unlimited license time.

Just face it, any security system can be cracked or hacked.
Mostly by people that understand the matter even better than the original creator.
So instead of giving your customers a hard time, make a system that logs in to internet once in a while to check if the user is valid.
Without this bull* hardware ID system of uploading and waiting for a new license.
If you regularly update/change your hardware you keep bumping in to this problem.

i participate to the beta test and i modified some projects with this new version. Now the license for the beta test is expired, i have a lock system message and i tried to download again the license but it doesn't work.
can someone help me ?

I'm having the same problem, fortunately I saved backups of my projects before I started using the Beta, but it would still be nice to be able to carry on working with the new version. Any news on when the final version of the beta might be released?

So, Brendon Pywell sent me a email last week. I downloaded the current HID from my BTB folder to the BTB site. Then I received a ".license" file in a email and I put in the BTB folder.
THE SOFTWARE WORKS, but only on my admin session, not on the user's sessions. Maybe because of a PC specific configuration ? I can't explain why.
Nevertheless, it seems to be OK by now. I can use this excellent product.

PM me if you would like more explanations.

Hi Pascal,

I did a PM a while ago.
But no reaction till now.

;)

Also no reaction at all from Brendon.
So now the Beta and the normal version aint working.
If somebody please could send a PM for re-sharing the beta with me.
By accident i deleted the ZIP with the installation.
I can only download the license but not the installation files.

So, Brendon Pywell sent me a email last week. I downloaded the current HID from my BTB folder to the BTB site. Then I received a ".license" file in a email and I put in the BTB folder.
THE SOFTWARE WORKS, but only on my admin session, not on the user's sessions. Maybe because of a PC specific configuration ? I can't explain why.
Nevertheless, it seems to be OK by now. I can use this excellent product.

PM me if you would like more explanations.

for your information, the beta licence system does not work! Previous times when the old beta license was expired you did follow the usual procedure to have a new monthly license... Now the site gives you only the chance to download the old one!! So no way to use the beta!!
If someone finds the way to have a new license could post... thank you

I just renewed my license (with no problem) but then a few days later my video card died. Now I'm wondering if getting a different (better) card is going to cause a license issue. If so then I think I can still buy the same card. Anyone know for sure?

I changed my video card, from Nvidia to Amd and had no problem. BUT I'm running BTB Evo with Vista and I tell my PC what a good PC it is, every morning. In other words it SHOULD be alright, BUT!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.0%