LED circuit help for an SPST momentary

Hey guys, I have a SPST momentary switch with an LED built in.

I need to know if it is possible to be able to turn the LED on with the first push, and turn it off with the next, without making it a latching switch.

I have seen multiple diagrams, but they have all been built around latching switches (switches that stay on until pressed again). I can't use such a switch as rFactor and LFS both will not recognize the button press until it returns to off.

The reason behind this, is that I want to use the LED as a speed limiter indicator. 1 push of the momentary button should activate both the limiter in-game, and the LED, the next push should release the limiter and deactivate the LED.

The switch has 6 pins:

1 + 3 +
5 + 6 LED +/-
2 + 4 -

You may have to add some sort of circuit to toggle power when you use the switch. By this I mean that you press and release the switch, the light goes on, press and release again and the light goes off. Will look into it a little and see what is required to make such a circuit.

Upvote 0
The circuit that is required to make this work is called a "T Flip Flop" I am no electronics person so I can't tell you how to make it, but that is what you need for the light to function the way you want it.

Upvote 0
Hi Alexander

Im afraid its gonna have to be a 555 ic job :( I really cant see a better way. On the plus side, it could be made pretty small if you can etch your own boards or know somebody who can ;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back