PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

At least you can tell me any different between latest build compare to last year build?

I will clarify and say the FFB hasn't changed a bit. It's still the same FFB implementation (i.e. steering rack forces with some Seat Of The Pants forces thrown in for those who want them). However, two aspects that affect FFB have changed since last year:

1. Tires - Yes, different tires communicate in different ways
2. FFB controller defaults - There was a lot of time spent trying to find a good middle of the ground default setup for the support controllers. They won't be perfect defaults for everyone, but they are a good starting point and the FFB parameters are now exposed in the UI. Last year, you could tweak everything, but you had to use XML files (which IIRC are still supported so likely once it's released, those from the WMD community who have tweaked XML files will make them public).

I only played a leaked build. And was worried but I.bought the limited edition and modifies edition and.im glad I did. Its brilliant. Yes its not as deep as say rf2 but its not far.behind in terms of a racing buzz.

Physics aren't bad remind me somewhat of a simplified gsc but different. Ffb needs tweaking but once u learn that u need to set every cars ffb you will grasp,it. People.call it simcade god knows why.it.no more fake or realistic as rre or ac

totally agree its a great game and ffb does take some working out but for me personally i like how they have giving the gamers more options with that to suit your driving preference.no its not iracing but its a great rush playing it veri enjoyable,me for1 am glad i got it on pc

I have been testing the release version a lot lately and to be honest I was disappointed.

But now I have sorted the FFB to my liking I am really enjoying the single player experience. The Multiplayer aspect is a bit hit or miss with dropouts, crashes, missing servers etc but I am sure it will come good because the developers have promised that this is not a fire and forget game. Ongoing development and fixes are on the way hopefully.

Now on to the biggest disappointment for me though. Through some of the builds that I tested, Pcars had a fantastic damage model. Where has that gone? Maybe one or two of the WMD team could elaborate as to why the damage system has been dumbed down?
so @bmanic @William Wester et al, do you guys know why? Can you explain to us here why the damage system has been changed from what was really good with wheels detaching and bonnets flying off etc to a basic body denting system now. You have to drive into a wall at at some speed to get a wheel flying off.

But other than that it's really good.:thumbsup:
cheers.

Last edited:
I have been testing the release version a lot lately and to be honest I was disappointed.

But now I have sorted the FFB to my liking I am really enjoying the single player experience. The Multiplayer aspect is a bit hit or miss with dropouts, crashes, missing servers etc but I am sure it will come good because the developers have promised that this is not a fire and forget game. Ongoing development and fixes are on the way hopefully.

Now on to the biggest disappointment for me though. Through some of the builds that I tested, Pcars had a fantastic damage model. Where has that gone? Maybe one or two of the WMD team could elaborate as to why the damage system has been dumbed down?
so @bmanic @William Wester et al, do you guys know why? Can you explain to us here why the damage system has been changed from what was really good with wheels detaching and bonnets flying off etc to a basic body denting system now.
cheers.
I agree the damage system is garbage at the moment even more disappointing is the fact you said it was better before.

There is not really any penalty at the moment for a bit of hooligan driving even with damage on.

Can you explain to us here why the damage system has been changed from what was really good with wheels detaching and bonnets flying off etc to a basic body denting system now.
cheers.
If i'm not mistaken, the damage model was better while cars had those funny names everyone remembers. And then came licensing, where more or less all the car manufacturers opted for "leave the damage out" model. But there is some damage still in the game, go have a direct crash in to concrete wall or even tyre wall and you'll see what comes out. On the other hand, damage due to car-to-car contacts is not that obvious.
If i'm completely wrong here, i'm sure the more knowlegable will correct my writing.

So they dumbed the damage system down eh. Expected I suppose. But it was great once,

Also I have found another big bug (it might be know to them). I decided to simulate a whole 66 lap race with changing weather. I elected to watch me( my RUF) in the race and set it going. I was always destined to finish last though, why? Because my car pitted for tyres every single lap. What a bug eh?

Are you guys playing with full damage turned on? I've seen cars completely come apart when hit hard and suspension components and tires laying all over the track. Open wheel cars are particularly fragile and its pretty easy to damage your aero or even lose a tire if you get hit hard enough. The damage model is certainly there.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea