F1 2019 Lack Of Interest On Race Department?

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
I must say I am really surprised how little interest there appears to be around F1 2019. I will discount the no VR, no buy crowd and general Codemasters derision but still I thought this sub forum would be buzzing today.

The game is superb, it looks and sounds great, the F2's are fascinating to drive and sound great, and the best bit for me is the artificial intelligence. It is on another level compared to any other racing game I have played, ever!

Gets interesing start of lap 5.

WSU58SH.jpg

kMzY37f.png

bvpptG9.png

BXmlqDf.png

I like the previous ones way more than this, but i'll play 2019 too, maybe not much like f1 2017 and 2018 (more than 400hours each) because i don't like to touch the career because of the chaos in driver transfers will break/kill the immersion...
this chaos : (just read driver names and their teams)
screen520.jpg

screen522.jpg

it's just after 2 season!
there is no option to tune it down or disabling it... as it seems codemaster is drunk from the happiness of having this feature and didn't think it can be a little too much to enforce it on all players!
for now i have kept my gameplay under 2 hours(to be able to refund) to see if they have the will to fix these things or i not

Attachments

• screen523.jpg
    screen523.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Already have F12018 and the game do the job on my triple screen and i'm satisfied with it, i don't actually need a 2019 "Skin": i will buy a new Codemaster's F1 Game when the VR will be implemented

I have well over 2000 hours in rF2, AC, AMS, R3E and ACC and just bought F1 2019 as the first F1 game since 2001 and we'll im super impressed, it feels remarkably good through my wheel (especially when all I heard was bad things from the CM series) and am totally enjoying my way through a full season at 25% distance at 90% difficulty after doing F2 and getting a seat in Ferrari.

Its a nice change from GT3 of ACC (which I played exclusively since full release even though I had it at EA launch).

Im more than satisfied with just about everything about F1 2019 and will be getting each year versions if they continue on this upward trend of improving.

It runs perfectly also on my PC at 4k max settings which totally surprised me as it looks brilliant even compared to ACC.

I have been a massive F1 fan since the mid 90's and didn't miss a race until channel 10 lost the rights to every race (can't afford Foxtell :( and now just watch the one hour highlights the day after the race :(
It's still the top tier motorsport category and I'll continue to enjoy F1 till the day I die.

Last edited:
Hey it's a codemasters game.I myself gave up with this company 3 years ago due to the fact been a PC player i am the least of there worries.Until they stop releasing console games ported to PC without at least applying Mouse support in game, then my interest is a big fat Not bothered.

Hey it's a codemasters game.I myself gave up with this company 3 years ago due to the fact been a PC player i am the least of there worries.Until they stop releasing console games ported to PC without at least applying Mouse support in game, then my interest is a big fat Not bothered.

I'm not letting a mouse stop me playing, lol

Just use a controller instead alongside you wheel setup, it works great.

But having fun is totally subjective too. My idea of fun may not be in line with yours and vice versa.
I'm sure it's a great title for those that want that sort of package. But it ain't for me and so instead of leaving you alone in this thread I thought I'd come and give my thoughts on why it doesn't interest me.
I would say one day I would like to try it, but I know I dont have time to waste on something I'm just not into enough.
Now, give me Blancpain and WEC or multi class racing on rF2 and I'm excited. Like wetting the bed excited. F1... after being such a big fan, and I too have been to many events all over the world, just leaves me cold at the moment... hope it changes in the future as I used to love it.
So i just hope you watched today's race then..

How can i use a controller when i have never had one....I have a PC, and a G27 wheel,not a console.
Your having a laugh aren't you, I have heard some PC elitism in my time on here but that just about takes the biscuit!

So you have never played anything on PC that requires/is better with a controller? I can only say you are in the minority and if that's the case a game designed for all platforms is not for you.

Your having a laugh aren't you, I have heard some PC elitism in my time on here but that just about takes the biscuit!

So you have never played anything on PC that requires/is better with a controller? I can only say you are in the minority and if that's the case a game designed for all platforms is not for you.
It doesn't surprise me too much. PC elitism I can absolutely understand considering the extreme lack of popularity of consoles in certain countries (like my own), but not having a gamepad at all is something you're only likely to see in those who only focus on a very small niche and are otherwise not gamers. That describes a good number of simracers very well.

It doesn't surprise me too much. PC elitism I can absolutely understand considering the extreme lack of popularity of consoles in certain countries (like my own), but not having a gamepad at all is something you're only likely to see in those who only focus on a very small niche and are otherwise not gamers. That describes a good number of simracers very well.

I just don't see the point of moaning about it when the mouse support situation is well documented and your not prepared to use alternative methods.

I just don't see the point of moaning about it when the mouse support situation is well documented and your not prepared to use alternative methods.
What bothers me more is that it's literally impossible for them to not be prepared to use alternative methods. Sure, there's no mouse support because CM are lazy, and sure, maybe someone might not have a gamepad or something, but surely they have a wheel and/or a keyboard, right? You can still navigate the menu just fine, and this year's menu is designed well enough that it shouldn't be much of a bother at all. The only thing I've had issues with over the years (including in this game) is looking behind in replays if I want to record one specifically from that view (which I usually need my gamepad's right stick for), but that's beyond minimal.

My biggest issue with F1 2019 menus is buttons 7 and 8, I don't seem to have them on my wheel and need to reach to my keyboard and use f7 and f8 :( and I don't feel like getting my controller for 2 buttons.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.