F1 2019 Lack Of Interest On Race Department?

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
I must say I am really surprised how little interest there appears to be around F1 2019. I will discount the no VR, no buy crowd and general Codemasters derision but still I thought this sub forum would be buzzing today.

The game is superb, it looks and sounds great, the F2's are fascinating to drive and sound great, and the best bit for me is the artificial intelligence. It is on another level compared to any other racing game I have played, ever!

Gets interesing start of lap 5.

WSU58SH.jpg

kMzY37f.png

bvpptG9.png

BXmlqDf.png

Reviews from who though?
The difference is ACC is an ongoing project and will be improved upon for years to come.
No a hope in hell codemasters will do the same.
ACC is a fantastic sim actually, very little wrong with it out on the track unless ofcourse your trying to run VR.

Just trying to get a bit of discussuion going, never mind :(

P.S why would a game that is already out of date (2018 season) be improved upon for years to come (I know the 2019 is coming) when the real season finishes in September?

I don't know. I'm just a bit Meh about the sport itself so not really interested in the game either. Plus I'm imagining the handling will still be the same as previous titles, and no I don't want to buy it to find out.
ACC replicates, very well imho, the actual fun of racing and the excitement of the official Blancpain series, which I love and find infinitely more engrossing than F1 right now...
The game just doesn't excite me and I won't speak for others as they can speak for themselves, but I cant be the only hardcore F1 fan that is actually tiring of the sport now, and thus the games that represent it...

P.S why would a game that is already out of date (2018 season) be improved upon for years to come (I know the 2019 is coming) when the real season finishes in September?
That's not really the way sims on PC work though.The original AC came out with a single car and track and grew over the years into the huge title it is today.
This title will receive the same devotion from this studio as they have a great track record. Codemasters on the other hand do not...
If anything is broken or not there in a current title expect to pay for it in the next game...

I don't know. I'm just a bit Meh about the sport itself so not really interested in the game either. Plus I'm imagining the handling will still be the same as previous titles, and no I don't want to buy it to find out.
ACC replicates, very well imho, the actual fun of racing and the excitement of the official Blancpain series, which I love and find infinitely more engrossing than F1 right now...
The game just doesn't excite me and I won't speak for others as they can speak for themselves, but I cant be the only hardcore F1 fan that is actually tiring of the sport now, and thus the games that represent it...

Makes sense. I am a hardcore F1 fan go to races etc but I have known for a while it's relevance is on the wane, especially with younger fans.

Unsurprisingly IMO the game is far more enjoyable than the real thing.

Don't mind the comments, the general narrative of the internet seems to be to see how many things one can disagree with.

With mostly an rF2 background, I must say the previous games were quite disappointing. However, this year's FFB alone feels a lot more rF2-like, which is obviously a good thing compared to before. And at the moment I am more in a casual space in terms of racing, returning to a more hobby-orientated approach as opposed to serious league racing like in the past, and F1 2019 fits perfectly into that.

Did a Formula 2 race at Bahrain last night - man those cars are fun, although the AI seem to have TC on acceleration, but I assume it will be patched.

The game has its flaws and a few bugs (had 2 punctures in 25 laps at Melbourne, for example, one on a 6% worn set 4 laps after pitting), but if one doesn't approach it too seriously, it's so enjoyable.

Of course, if one keeps comparing it to more sim-like games, you are bound to be disappointed.

Don't mind the comments, the general narrative of the internet seems to be to see how many things one can disagree with.

With mostly an rF2 background, I must say the previous games were quite disappointing. However, this year's FFB alone feels a lot more rF2-like, which is obviously a good thing compared to before. And at the moment I am more in a casual space in terms of racing, returning to a more hobby-orientated approach as opposed to serious league racing like in the past, and F1 2019 fits perfectly into that.

Did a Formula 2 race at Bahrain last night - man those cars are fun, although the AI seem to have TC on acceleration, but I assume it will be patched.

The game has its flaws and a few bugs (had 2 punctures in 25 laps at Melbourne, for example, one on a 6% worn set 4 laps after pitting), but if one doesn't approach it too seriously, it's so enjoyable.

Of course, if one keeps comparing it to more sim-like games, you are bound to be disappointed.

I have been really enjoying the F2's myself, I'm in the middle of a 50% length race championship, pretty much every race has been a blast. So glad they added these.

TBH I am not really planning doing the career this year I am aiming to do a 50% F2 season then move onto a 50% F1 championship with Renault to see if I can give Red Bull a beating, currently on 95% A.I which feels about right for a old man like me, not bothered about winning races or championships just want to be in the thick of the very good racing and artificial intelligence.

P.S I am a big fan of RF2 too and I totally agree with the FFB comments, feels very nice and believable.

I would've thought the issue is split in two. One is the fact that F1 is somewhat boring these days. But also, from my impression, the game hasn't progressed that much over the last years. It's a bit like the last DiRT games as well, some features are removed, and then added back in for the next game etc. So overall the game "is the same" as the previous ones.

Im sure its an enjoyable F1 experience its just not a pure simulation hence maybe lack of interest on here, i still think it will be an enjoyable game, AI does look great.
It must be my age I tend to just want to have fun these days rather than worrying about 100% accuracy, I used to but as long as it is belivable and lots of fun then I am more than happy. I rarely play multiplayer so a quality single player experience is a major requirement. I do feel that there is too much emphasis on accuracy sometimes when none of us really know what it is like to drive most of these cars with our toy wheels and pedals and that is to the detriment of having fun. But everyone has different priorities at different times in their lives.

It must be my age I tend to just want to have fun these days rather than worrying about 100% accuracy, I used to but as long as it is belivable and lots of fun then I am more than happy. I rarely play multiplayer so a quality single player experience is a major requirement. I do feel that there is too much emphasis on accuracy sometimes when none of us really know what it is like to drive most of these cars with our toy wheels and pedals and that is to the detriment of having fun. But everyone has different priorities at different times in their lives.
But having fun is totally subjective too. My idea of fun may not be in line with yours and vice versa.
I'm sure it's a great title for those that want that sort of package. But it ain't for me and so instead of leaving you alone in this thread I thought I'd come and give my thoughts on why it doesn't interest me.
I would say one day I would like to try it, but I know I dont have time to waste on something I'm just not into enough.
Now, give me Blancpain and WEC or multi class racing on rF2 and I'm excited. Like wetting the bed excited. F1... after being such a big fan, and I too have been to many events all over the world, just leaves me cold at the moment... hope it changes in the future as I used to love it.

Well pretty much all the sim youtubers and streamers i know of are far from impressed.
Speaks volumes to be fair.
I think they(as in the large majority of them) oversold big time on how good the driving dynamics of F1 2018 was (probably got some deserved backlash) which made them very tentative on how to speak about 2019.
I know i was taking their opinion with a grain of salt this time...

Kinda of ironically, i think that 2019 is a much bigger jump in terms of driving dynamics than before, the cars feel more nimble, dance through the corners nicely, step out in a controllable way, and the FFB does a good job of conveying all that, it feels really good.
Maybe there's some game breaking thing that i haven't found yet... but they removed the balast "cheat".

On other parts of the game the AI works well(i myself don't want to oversell in this, i had more enthusiastic words written), it looks really really good finally(Codemasters "next gen" jump was lousy imo, now it's finally here), and it's a great pick up and play package.
I will never care for their career/story mode so don't even ask.

On the bad side, track accuracy(if small companies like Kunos/Reiza can afford laser scanning Codemasters should too), no virtual mirror (i don't even have for how dumb this is).

And their menus being f... offensively bad on PC, seriously Codemasters stop treating PC players like second class citizens.

Last edited:
I would say I am in the same mind set as you mention "...It must be my age I tend to just want to have fun these days.." plus I don't have the time to commit to say Iracing like I have done in the past. I am enjoying F1 2019 for what is as an all in one package. I can jump in and play an hour here and there. Will be doing F2 championship then the career. Think it was you who said use controller for menus which has been really useful as no mouse support. Plus I've not have any issues with performance or wheel pedal setup.

And that's all good. Having fun is why we're all here in the first place.
But my fun isn't the umpteenth iteration of a simcade from a company that doesn't support past the next iteration of a title that is based off a sport that I'm rapidly losing interest in.
My idea of fun is to get as close to the real thing as i can get, without selling the house, losing my family in a messy divorce and then trying to live the dream by thrashing a knackered old Civic Type R around Sepang with the rest of the, 'run what ya brung' crowd...
That fun for me is WEC and Blancpain to watch and the titles that give me that fun virtually is rF2 and ACC right now.
F1 [insert year here] doesn't come close unfortunately...
But glad you guys like it :thumbsup:

Maybe there's some game breaking thing that i haven't found yet... but they removed the balast "cheat".

I am so glad they removed the ballast, it made most of the other setup options redundant in past games. Your setup became all about getting that right, now you can tailor the car to do what you want it to like riding the kerbs etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%