Kvyat Crowned GP3 Champion

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Kvyat Crowned GP3 Champion

MW Arden driver Daniil Kvyat won the 4th GP3 Series driver’s title this afternoon in a stunning race win at the Yas Marina circuit, Abu Dhabi.

In a display of dominance normally associated with another Red Bull young driver, Sebastian Vettel, Kvyat topped both practice and qualifying before taking the Race 1 win to seal the championship.

The young Russian, recently confirmed as a Toro Rosso driver for next year managed to build a comfortable lead over the Carlin duo of Alexander Sims...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the so called "paid driver" has more talent than people give him credit for. This title is a crown on an overall very impressive season.

Curious to see how Kvyat will perform at Torro Rosso next year in Formula One.

One person sprung to mind ....Vettel.
In terms of the way they are run and nurture talent, you have to give credit to Redbull.
This guy looks friendly on the podium and super confident. He already looks like future world champion. My one concern is that redbull are so good throughout their ranks down into the Arden racing team (which is redbull in disguise?) that they are almost robotic. dominating with robotic drivers at each race level would be extremely boring. that sounds quite silly, but i love individualism. alonso, raikkonen, hamilton have all had interesting and entertaining paths in different cars. i hope future champions don't all take the SAME path - arden, torro rosso then redbull forever!

Schumacher was a robot. Vettel is anything but. Just because he's good and drives a great car tends to allow people to look past his rebellious and competitive nature. I could cite many many instances. Why is he special? Not sure. Maybe it's the ability to have a love/love relationship with the team and still be defiant, even selfish, at times. Of course, winning tends to allow that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back