Kunos Confirms Delay to Upcoming Assetto Corsa Console Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the upcoming Assetto Corsa console update has been hit by delays, meaning private lobby support will have to wait just a little bit longer....

Posting by way of the official Kunos Facebook page, the studio have confirmed that a planned release for the end of the current month will no longer be possible as the proposed update has hit unforeseen delays. Although no new release date has been offered by Kunos at this time, and no reasoning behind the delay has been shared, Kunos have promised to continue to work hard and aim to update the community in the near future as to when we can expect this update to land.

Recently Kunos confirmed the build release was with Sony and Microsoft respectively for approval before launching into the public domain, so one can only assume the new build has failed the rigorous checks required by the console giants and Kunos will have to return to the drawing board before again attempting to launch the update.

You can read the full statement from Kunos below and check out the images from the upcoming new build attached to this article.

"Despite our best efforts, we are unable to launch our next major console update at the end of this month, as hoped. However, we’re pushing hard and fingers crossed, we should have a release date to share with you all very soon. We’re almost there!

Thank you all so much for your continued patience and support - It means so much to the team!

This update is full of incredible content and features, including Custom Online Lobbies, Custom Championships and much more. Stay tuned for more info..."

Assetto Corsa is a PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 racing simulation available to purchase now. Additional DLC content can be purchased via the respective game stores.

Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation 3.png

Assetto Corsa and RaceDepartment are a match made in heaven if you enjoy mods and quality online racing events. We have our very own dedicated sub forum for the game, where you can catch up on the latest news and join in with your fellow fans discussing the simulation. Head over and check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming console update? Are you excited about private lobbies coming to the title? Do you think Assetto Corsa on console can go on and overtake its main racing game rivals in time? Let us know in the comments section below!

As said above, its about principals
Or do you want, that this behavior becomes normal in the game industry (or further along in other businesses)?
Making false promises and cheat the customer all day long?
For me the answer is no - and I show that by raising my voice and state that I don't find that behavior okay.

But you have a go at people that complain about Pcars and the false promises SMS made about that terrible simcade game. You sir are an hypocrite of the first degree and you have no principles at all.:rolleyes::thumbsdown::poop:

Last edited:
:D i have multiple accounts on your forum, so still a long way to be banned :D even though i do not bother to even sign in on that censorship place anymore And yeah i'd rather have a cmplete simulator than a beta full of cars collecting dust

and still, here you are talking about my game :rolleyes:

though they banned 2 accounts i still have 14 more

yep.. that's totally normal sane behavior right there lol

and still, here you are talking about my game :rolleyes:
the only reason i play your "game" cause some guys are working their asses very hard to have a semi decent league, if it wasn't for that, your game would have been deleted from my hard drvie long time ago,. it still has a long way to overcome to be a simulator dude, You should Stop acting like that, on the forums, and go do a decent simulator, cause a simulator i't not just about physics.

the only reason i play your "game" cause some guys are working their asses very hard to have a semi decent league, if it wasn't for that, your game would have been deleted from my hard drvie long time ago,. it still has a long way to overcome to be a simulator dude, You should Stop acting like that, on the forums, and go do a decent simulator, cause a simulator i't not just about physics.

dude.. lol

relax.. it's a bloody game eh? you are supposed to have fun with it.

Console are for kids, PC are for adults! The years of only having AC on PC were fantastic: Good discussions, nice people. But since the consoles are in it gets so worse. Best example is this thread.

Go get a wheel boys... and some respect to Kunos! You kids have no idea what a simulation is because you have no experience! But a big mouth. Ridiculous!!!!

Console are for kids, PC are for adults! The years of only having AC on PC were fantastic: Good discussions, nice people. But since the consoles are in it gets so worse. Best example is this thread.

Go get a wheel boys... and some respect to Kunos! You kids have no idea what a simulation is because you have no experience! But a big mouth. Ridiculous!!!!

+1

Reactions: McM

when you have tried every simulator on the market for some 25 years, you know what is a simulator and what it really isn't i've always played in pc, never interested in consoles dude.

dude.. lol

relax.. it's a bloody game eh? you are supposed to have fun with it.
you should repeat that mantra to yourself, cause you are the one colapsing to a point that you wanted to quit AC right? and the one that said that you barely play any AC cause when you do you get so fustrated that you want to change things, please go and change things and make AC a simulator, until that i do not want to hear about you. bye

you should repeat that mantra to yourself, cause you are the one colapsing to a point that you wanted to quit AC right? and the one that said that you barely play any AC cause when you do you get so fustrated that you want to change things, please go and change things and make AC a simulator, until that i do not want to hear about you. bye

If you want to sling $#!@ at someone, dont do it in this thread man... Come on now.

And if there was ever proof a ban from the AC forums was justified, your above posts and 15 dupe accounts clearly show the path towards that.

you somehow managed to miss the fact that there were TWO updates with new cars in Q1 2017 :rolleyes:

Hey now, it's not like updating every single remaining car that was still on tire model 7 over the holiday break was a big task or anything... :D

If you want to sling $#!@ at someone, dont do it in this thread man... Come on now.

And if there was ever proof a ban from the AC forums was justified, your above posts and 15 dupe accounts clearly show the path towards that.

Hey now, it's not like updating every single remaining car that was still on tire model 7 over the holiday break was a big task or anything... :D
nope im not here to sling at anyone i'm here to be free to ask anything without fanboys or devs to start jumping into me, all i did was ask a question, that then was answered by Michael. all was fine there

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back