Resource icon

Misc KS Brands Hatch track skin\ext_config 1.5b

Login or Register an account to download this content
racinjoe013 submitted a new resource:

KS Brands Hatch track skin\ext_config - KS Brands Hatch track skin\ext_config

Another totally useless mod by me. Fixes some issues I had with the track and track config file.

-- Removes all of the 3D trees. Changes the look with some trees missing, but I think for the better because the 3D tress are so stupid looking. If you spot any I missed, let me know so I can edit the list in the file. If you like the other changes this file does, but want the 3D trees back, just set the [MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] entry at the bottom to ACTIVE = 0
-- Small tweaks to the grass...

Read more about this resource...

Hmm. Not sure why that would happen since I didn't mess with the lights entries. Let me do a quick check.

EDIT: Well this is odd. Having the MATERIAL ADJUSTMENT entries in the ext_config seems to knock out the lights even if I set them to INACTIVE. Only way to get the lights back is to completely remove the code. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up. For now, it works fine in the day time. Give me a little time to work it out, assuming it's possible.

Last edited:
racinjoe013 updated KS Brands Hatch track skin\ext_config with a new update entry:

KS Brands Hatch track skin\ext_config

First off, thanks to @bodmon for pointing out that my mod messed up the lights at night.

There is a fix, but could lead to problems down the road. Much like my Nords mod to remove the 3D trees, it only works properly as part of the full track config. Don't know why. I'm sure someone with more knowledge could figure it out. This means in the future if CSP ever updates the track config, you won't see the changes until I update this mod. I will keep tabs on it as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I missed a 3D tree, but I hate to make people download another version. How annoyed would people be if I put another update out tomorrow? Or should I just explain how to add the correct entries for you to do it yourself.

racinjoe013 updated KS Brands Hatch track skin\ext_config with a new update entry:

Updated the resource to work with the new CM\CSP Brands Hatch config released recently. You'll get the changes I made in the previous version plus the added stuff the new CSP config has. This one still has the 3D trees hidden by default. You can edit the ext_config file and change the 'ext_config-3d-tree-removal' section to ACTIVE = 0 to bring them back.

Still includes the grooves skin to get rid of the purple tinted grooves, but I added a grass and trees skin that I use occasionally...

I know I just released an update, but I got to fooling around after looking at some recent photos\videos of Brands Hatch. This is my attempt to get the black bridges I saw in the pics\videos. The first bridge has the wrong logo, but I can't find a decent photo of it to use, so for now it's just the black Brands Hatch logo. I'm no modeler so you can expect to one mistake with the new bridge logos. Under very bright light, the logo object won't quite blend in with the bridge object.

I...

My apologies for this. I forgot to include the file for each track variant that lights up the s\f line lights. I tried to do it as an attachment in the Discussion thread so that people wouldn't have to download the whole package again, but it doesn't accept .zip files. So i'm forced to upload another full update. If you don't care about those lights, there is no need to download this again.

I'll try to be more careful in the future...

You only need to check one. I always try and do multiple skins because everyone has different tastes, ppfilters, etc. So I like to cover all basis. The difference between the two is in the amount of saturation. The number two would be the more saturated textures if memory serves me correctly. Once you find the one you prefer, you can delete the other one. Or use another track skin if you like. It won't impact the other features like flag lights.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 35.1%