Kokomo Speedway Voted as Next iRacing Dirt Oval Addition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Confirm Komoko Speedway.jpg

The fans have spoken! Kokomo Speedway in Howard County, Indiana has been voted as the next dirt oval addition to iRacing.com!

“We are very appreciative of our fans voting us to be the next dirt track added to iRacing”, said Kokomo Speedway president Reece O’Connor. “Being available to race in iRacing will give existing fans a new way to experience our track as well as introduce legions of new fans to Kokomo. Personally, I can’t wait to race Kokomo online!”
The opportunity for fans to vote for which track they would next like to see added to iRacing was a first for the long standing US based online racing simulation, allowing the players of the game a direct opportunity to influence the upcoming content selection in a title that is steadily building up an impressive collection of loose surface racing environments.

Players were given the opportunity to vote from a selection of five well know American dirt oval locations, and in something of a tease from the developers it has been confirmed that all tracks have already been laser scanned, meaning that early 2018 looks highly achievable for the release of Kokomo and furthermore the remaining tracks in the vote will all be coming to the game in future.. exciting times for dirt oval racing fans...

For the record, Kokomo won the poll by just 118 votes, beating other well known venues such as Fairbury American Legion Speedway, Lernerville Speedway, Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, Weedsport Speedway and Cedar Lake Speedway, with Fairbury finishing up in second place on the final list.

Furthermore iRacing have confirmed that the Charlotte dirt oval and a further unannounced circuit are already under development behind closed doors, both of which are scheduled for release early in the new year.

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing game available directly from iRacing.com or via the Steam network.

For more iRacing news and discussion head over to the iRacing sub forum and get involved in the community discussion today!

Happy to see Komoko Raceway coming to the simulation? Enjoying dirt oval racing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

...To be honest, I'm still not really interested by dirt... but I understand that if iracing does it, that's because lots of people ask for it so, great for them :)
..Strange thing that the track winning the vote is a track that had already be scanned by the team...
@++

...To be honest, I'm still not really interested by dirt... but I understand that if iracing does it, that's because lots of people ask for it so, great for them :)
..Strange thing that the track winning the vote is a track that had already be scanned by the team...
@++

They already have the tracks scanned - or at the very least licensed and access to them - it was just a vote on the production order of them. 1/2 mile dirt track in the middle of nowhere, USA =/= FIA Grade 1 circuit on the other side of the planet.

They already have the tracks scanned - or at the very least licensed and access to them - it was just a vote on the production order of them. 1/2 mile dirt track in the middle of nowhere, USA =/= FIA Grade 1 circuit on the other side of the planet.
1/4 mile dirt track...and probably other than Eldora, Knoxville, and the Grove, its up there in popularity. It is the best bullring in the state of Indiana for sure!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back