[KNOWLEDGE SHARE] - nVidia DLL Driver fail

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
So, I got another crash again for the first time in a few days. This time cause by nVidia.

To my surprise I uninstalled the Graphics Driver. And course everything on my screen got real big. So, I then adjusted my screen resolution back to 4K and icons back down to 100%. I also turned off GeForce Experience from the task bar. The game still ran at medium setting with no stutters or issues.

I think Windows 10 is installing the GPU driver automatically in another folder and it is competing with the GeForce Experience Driver download in it's folder. Because nothing is changing. I can still watch 4K YouTube videos and play Destiny 2 and Warframe with no issues.

might be worth a try fellow SIM Racers.

Much better to set Windows 10 so that it doesn’t automatically update drivers: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Far safer to be in full control of driver updates and do them only if you really need to - often not the case with graphics drivers. Newer often doesn’t mean better. You should only update if there’s a real reason to such as a bug in the existing driver or a security update which is essential.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back