KirbyCam - Chaser Cam for Custom Shaders Patch

Misc KirbyCam - Chaser Cam for Custom Shaders Patch 1.0b-public

Login or Register an account to download this content
kirbyguy22 submitted a new resource:

KirbyCam - Chaser Cam for Custom Shaders Patch - A slightly loose and dynamic chaser camera.

Install Instructions:
Automatic - Content Manager:
  1. Drag the .zip into the Content Manager window
  2. Open the hamburger menu (3 horizontal line icon) from the top and click "Install"
OR Manual:
  • Extract the "extension" folder into your "\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\" folder.
Then, in Content Manager:
  • Navigate to Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Chaser Camera
  • Ensure that the Chaser Camera...

Read more about this resource...

Is it feasible to make the "glance back" (right stick button) instant like the other cameras but keep it smooth when you pull the stick (down) instead?

So I installed this multiple times following the instructions, but mine doesn't work. When I go to a chaser camera my camera stays still and doesn't follow the car. Is there a fix to this?

Last edited:
awesome work. but also there is a glitch whenever I change the weather in the sol planner app to another one my cam goes up and down and shakes.

edit: when I change it to overcast weather in game it stops shaking
Interesting, I've never encountered this before. I tested it with Sol 2.0 and 2.2/Pure and I can't replicate this behavior.

Is it feasible to make the "glance back" (right stick button) instant like the other cameras but keep it smooth when you pull the stick (down) instead?
Great suggestion. This makes a lot more sense - will implement this in the next update soon.

So I installed this multiple times following the instructions, but mine doesn't work. When I go to a chaser camera my camera stays still and doesn't follow the car. Is there a fix to this?
What version of CSP do you have installed? Also, can you open the Lua Debug app while in-game and take a screenshot of the "Chaser Camera Implementation" tab so I can see if there are any error messages?

Interesting, I've never encountered this before. I tested it with Sol 2.0 and 2.2/Pure and I can't replicate this behavior.

Great suggestion. This makes a lot more sense - will implement this in the next update soon.

What version of CSP do you have installed? Also, can you open the Lua Debug app while in-game and take a screenshot of the "Chaser Camera Implementation" tab so I can see if there are any error messages?
Using 0.1.68 currently since 0.1.70+ makes my game stutter, is there any specific CSP version?

Chaser camera implementation shows this..

Last edited:
Using 0.1.68 currently since 0.1.70+ makes my game stutter, is there any specific CSP version?

Chaser camera implementation shows this..
Thanks. Seems to be erroring out on a basic math function which shouldn't really be different across CSP versions (unless it was fixed?). I'm not using any new 1.70+ scripting features as far as I know, either.

I'm on the latest Patreon preview 1.76, so I'll go back and test it out on older CSP versions back to 1.60.

yes this was the same problem i was talking about. im using 1.75 preview
Thanks. Seems to be erroring out on a basic math function which shouldn't really be different across CSP versions (unless it was fixed?). I'm not using any new 1.70+ scripting features as far as I know, either.

I'm on the latest Patreon preview 1.76, so I'll go back and test it out on older CSP versions back to 1.60.

It works almost perfectly fine, my favourite chase camera. Unfortunately it seems to be broken on Shutoko Revival Project map. Camera is super shaky and jumps everywhere around my car so it makes it unplayable. I am using 0.1.76-preview136 version of CSP.

Hi Kirby! First of all let me just say that I absolutely adore this cam. It's miles better than the dull vanilla chase cam and the car's are fun to drive and more predictable this way.

I encountered a problem where the camera rotates by itself to see the front of the car and glancing left or right doesn't work either. I had this problem before once but it sorta fixed itself after some time but it did appear again yesterday and have this since. It's even weirder that the case is the same in every other view (cockpit, bumper, hood). This could suggest that it's not this mod's problem, if so, excuse me.

I uploaded a clip about the problem to Google Photos if you want to have a look:

Also this has probably been mentioned before but on some 90sGDSP tracks the camera shakes uncontrollably.

I would be very glad if we could sort this out somehow.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Huh, weird, looks like it's only a problem when I use keyboard as controls (occasionally I play on Shutoko with keyboard for a Wangan arcade game feel), I still don't know what button is the culprit here though...

Last edited:
Hello. I've just installed your mod and I'm getting the same bug that was mentioned above. The camera stands on it's place and it does NOT follow the car.
What could we do to get it fixed? I'm new to AC and I'm on the latest release of Content Manager/CSP

Last edited:
Hello. I've just installed your mod and I'm getting the same bug that was mentioned above. The camera stands on it's place and it does NOT follow the car.
What could we do to get it fixed? I'm new to AC and I'm on the latest release of Content Manager/CSP
I found out that the game thinks a button is pressed. I turned the PC off and then on and it stops doing it! :D

I found out that the game thinks a button is pressed. I turned the PC off and then on and it stops doing it! :D
Hmm that's weird actually. It was 3am and I didn't know what to do anymore, but then I read carefully and Kirby stated that he was using the 0.1.77 version of CSP (listed as untested), and I was using the 0.1.60 (which is listed as recommended).
I just installed AC and informed myself a bit about the modding in this game. I switched to the .77 release and the mod started working!
But now I've got another issue. This mod caps my framerate to half of my refresh rate. So that means, if I switch to any vanilla camera; the FPS go up to 144. If I change the camera, it goes down to 72.
Is there any possible fix for this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back