Kimi uses Assetto Corsa!

Saw on his instagram... Maybe not newsworthy but thought it might be of interest to someone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180402-111345.jpg
    Screenshot_20180402-111345.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 675
It's brilliant, a current F1 driver and a popular one at that 'playing' on sims is brilliant.
I took the move to full time sim racing last year, no karting, no track days, sold my 'toys' for the road so have no outlet for my driving itch other than sims......

And its bloody perfect!
So yes nice to see that Kimi still needs a fix and a bit of fun whilst on down time.
I would no say people ever openly slagged me and sims off, but you know that people, well some, think its just kids stuff and a waste of time, but the feel i get from sims for the most part is sublime and it taxes all the same instincts as real driving IMO...
Move racing drivers are stepping forward now, more sims are accepting finally that racing cars have grip (yipee!!)....its just such a shame that so many in the 'community' are fanboys and dick heads still.
But anyway, talking abiout being a 'sim racer' is almost dare i say it...becoming cool.....

Regardless though, I keep it fun but take it seriously and enjoy all available sims....
I said to my Dad yesterday, after we were talking about my brother who had 3 races at silverstone at the weekend (TCR UK support race) where he had a nightmare 3 races and was pretty fed up...i said Dad, this is what is crazy, i woke up this morning before the wife and kids, and at 7.30 am i was lapping Spa in an Audi GT3 car for 10 laps over coffee.... didn't cost me a thing (apart from elec)......I enjoyed ever second of it and it set me up for the day and put a smile on my face....

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea