Kart Racing

I raced the first race of the championship yesterday, and we got the front stabilizer out of the kart. We were faster, but the karts turn-in was just rubbish. What do you guys think I should do, keep it out or put it in again?

you could tell from the alfarno that the engine was going to blow. I started in minimax and found that was all bumper cars, especially when i was flipped in my first weekend. Went up to juniors a year later and nearly everyone i raced with in mini's went up too, so it was the same story again. Had to go up to seniors this year, but can't afford the damage :p

It really depends on your driving style. I took it out for a while, and the kart was so tight and pushed so much that It was loose. I put it back in, and it's been handling better ever since.

2nd year 20100523_0383.jpg
3rd year 20110626_026315.jpg
20110925_043876.jpg
preferred number 44. couldn't get it in 3rd year.

I know this is a little off subject but i have just had my first go at karting/real racing

Feeling confident with knowing what ive learnt from here i was feeling confident!
Quali felt good my first time in the kart, passed a couple of karts and was passed once or twice as i got upto speed but was gutted to find out id ended up 12th :s adding insult to injury i was having trouble with a sliding seat!!

Race started well but the seat issue struck early and i was soon a lap down after the seat was tightend? I got on my way had a couple of spins and locks as i was still getting used to how it all worked!! There was a couple of big incidents stopping the race under yellows allowing me to clise up but this also meant i didnt know where i was and if the drivers infront wer lapping or for position!! I was too nice early on with letting drivers past costing me tome but after 15mins i really began to get a move on catching and passing a few karts, 3 for position! The final corner on the circuit was quite open with a couple of entry lines, there was a sweeping right hander going over the start/finish line into a right hander hairpin, managed so many over takes through there was great to get the power down nice and early and you could see the speed difference!! After 50mins the flag was out and the race was over. Still no idea how id done until they gave the results sheet out and id managed 10th!

Was a little dissapionted until i noticed my seat issue had put me dead last (16th) but managed to make my way back to 10th and also catching the guys ahead, my average lap time was good and my fastest lap time came on lap 33 of 40 (43.788) and was faster than the race winners best lap. Id really started to feel confident and pushed hard and the only other first timer on the grid was 2.1s slower!!

Think ill give this a bit of a go it was truely the most amazing feeling, still up off the whole thing a couple of hours after we finished!! :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.