Kart Racing

good luck Ross, show them the Roarin g Pipes but don't drive like a Maniac :) just booked the local kart track for my son's 15th birthday, kids thought it was huge the two years before. they will barely fit in the karts this year, most are beyond 1,80 now ...

Not had a go there. Called in one Saturday aft a few years ago but it was fully booked up so we couldn't get on. Track looked awesome though and pretty big for an indoor one.

Pictures from the track

images

9100e13e-80a3-44c0-a13d-1df4a1f45c80.jpg

PPIK-Track-Leeds.jpg

My mate's organising a day at either Hull or our local track in Sheffield next month. I can't wait!

He's keen on Hull because no one's been before and you can have more people on track than most places, but I think I'm eager to have another go on our local track in the rain. That usually mixes things up a bit!

Its a very good circuit, the best indoor circuit in Yorkshire they say
Indoor is a very good thing. I did a 2-hour enduro in the rain and it was an exercise in "whoever spins the least amount of times will win the race". Of course if you are competing and have your own Kart you can put on wet tyres but they never do that for arrive-and-drives.

There's a really good looking new circuit at London Bridge that is basically two tracks on two floors of the building that are connected by ramps to make a super long track. The other cool thing is they have electric Karts which have the same top speed but more torque so they accelerate to top speed much quicker.

Some footage from my 2nd meeting back in the sport since stopping in 2001. Filmed 2011 August. In Race 4 this same day I snapped an axle braking at around 200km/h and ended up in the wall. New chassis is now on track and is a lot faster...

outdoor circuits are way better than indoor. The one in sheffield (parkwood karting) is excellent, the karts are well maintained, and the track while short, is very very good. Ive also been to whilton mill karting near daventry and that is epic! its a large outdoor track with twin 150cc go kart engines.

How about an RD karting event? somwhere central ish - like daventry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%