Kaltenborn Walks Away From Sauber?

• Deleted member 130869

At one point she had six drivers under contract. That "idiot" won the suit by the way.

Well, what Kaltenborn did with the drivers helped the team stay afloat during the 2014 season, as they were going to lose a lot of money unless Van Der Garde's sponsors paid the team then. She also quit because Erricson's backer want to give him preferential treatment over Wehrlein at Sauber.

• Deleted member 130869

I mentioned that last page. It's interesting that last year she had no problems doing that with Nasr, who'd test new parts and if they worked, they'd go to Ericsson's car. On both occasions the "#2" driver has been the one bringing in the points to guarantee Sauber the money. Monisha had the awesome opportunity to be remembered as F1's first woman to run a team but instead her persistent mistakes will overshadow that. Hopefully this won't close the door for future qualified women.

The idiot in that debacle was the driver who tried to line his own pocket by threatening legal action he had no chance of ever winning.
What are you talking about?

They had 3 drivers contracted to 2 seats? How does that make Van Der Garde an idiot? And how does that make his legal case unwinnable?

I happen to think you didn't know any of this situation to be honest because why anyone would suggest Sauber did nothing wrong and VdG is an idiot I'll never understand.

Oh and BTW, he won that legal battle easily and Sauber lost a chunk of money for it, reason being, they signed him to a contract that they couldn't bloody fulfill!!

• Deleted member 130869

Apparently these six drivers had contracts: Giedo van der Garde, Felipe Nasr, Marcus Ericsson, Adrian Sutil, Esteban Gutierrez, and technically Jules Bianchi.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.