Just wondering the weight of Simagic M10

Hi guys, I am gonna mount a Simagic M10 or Alpha to my playseat challenge,although the wheel desk is reinforced but I need to consider about the weight of M10. So anyone? Thx a lot.

I don´t think the weight of the wheel will be your biggest problem.
Rather that the forces put out by a direct drive wheel will twist and over time break the not so sturdy pipes of the playseat.

It is widely recommended to mount DD wheels only to stiff and stable rigs.

So i recommend that you start your upgrade journey with a stable rig that can withstand the forces it is subjected to.
If you can diy the profiles and fasteners for an entry level rig shouldn´t be too expensive and you can start with an used car seat.

There are a lot of usefull tipps here in this subforum.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I don´t think the weight of the wheel will be your biggest problem.
Rather that the forces put out by a direct drive wheel will twist and over time break the not so sturdy pipes of the playseat.
Nah, DD on Playseat Challenge works just fine. ;)

@HawxGT I was on the edge of getting myself a M10 as well, but apparently nobody was able to quote the exact weight (the only Info I got was "about 10 KG") or whether the bolt pattern of the M10's mounting bracket would match some holes on the Playseat.

Eventually I went for a Sim-plicity SW8C+, which weights about 8 KGs and has the common bolt patterns in its mounting bracket.

Upvote 0
Boltpattern should be the least of your worries.

If you´d really lìke to try it´s no big deal to drill a few holes.

But i still would not do it myself.

This happened with a wheel which was not set too much stronger than the Simmagic is:

Take care Carsten

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boltpattern should be the least of your worries.

If you´d really lìke to try it´s no big deal to drill a few holes.

But i still would not do it myself.

This happened with a wheel which was not set too much stronger than the Simmagic is:

Take care Carsten
So he said he had his Simicube set to 4NM, what about Fanatec CS2-2.5 they run 5NM... I guess they are not safe either??;)

Upvote 0
Actually i havn´t.
It wouldn´t fit me and wouldn´last very long because i´m big (ok, tall and fat)
I "killed" quite few camping and other chairs.

But i have seen DD wheels twist rigs with better geometrie and bigger tubes, so that they have better torsonial rigidity.

In the end everybody is over 18 here (I hope) so they can make theyr own decisions about theyr safety.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Nah, DD on Playseat Challenge works just fine. ;)

@HawxGT I was on the edge of getting myself a M10 as well, but apparently nobody was able to quote the exact weight (the only Info I got was "about 10 KG") or whether the bolt pattern of the M10's mounting bracket would match some holes on the Playseat.

Eventually I went for a Sim-plicity SW8C+, which weights about 8 KGs and has the common bolt patterns in its mounting bracket.

Thx mate, according to a youtuber's reply, M10 is about 13-14 kg *Without steering wheel* 16kg total. Although there are mount plates for different holes, it's heavier than DD2, so I might go for Alpha instead, 8kg, lighter and with 15nm but I am not going get that far.:thumbsup:

Actually i havn´t.

But i have seen DD wheels twist rigs with better geometrie and bigger tubes, so that they have better torsonial rigidity.

In the end everybody is over 18 here (I hope) so they can make theyr own decisions about theyr safety.

MFG Carsten

I'm about 6'2'' 210lbs, quite comforable in playseat challenge, I gonna give it a try since a few guys attached DD2 on the same deck with some reinforcement(or not).
Anyway thx guys.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thx mate, according to a youtuber's reply, M10 is about 13-14 kg *Without steering wheel* 16kg total.
Wow, that's a lot of weight indeed. Might even be too heavy for the Challenge. ;)
At least I imagine it will be difficult to lift the hinge with the motor unit on it. Also, you'd need lots of counterweight to keep the chair from tilting over. (I went with 5 KGs in ankle weights.)

Actually i havn´t.
Well, I'm not tall but fat (>100 KGs) and the seat has not let me down for several years now. Nothing's twisted or bent, no worn out joints or whatsoever. The tubing is rigid.

I'm not a fanboy (just a satisfied user), but I'm starting to get tired of all those "lawn chair" comments from people who apparently never sat on the Challenge themselves.

Upvote 0
Newbie to this site here! This is what I did....Simagic to a Playseat Challenge....its working really well. Added weight to the back of the chair and I also added a metal rod for stability. Here are some pics.....

Attachments

• 20210911_134325.jpg
    20210911_134325.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.2%
  • Prizes