Just Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth does this have to happen? I'm getting REALLY REALLY TIRED of RSS!
Every single day i hop on to RaceDepartment to look for either some unique tracks, no issue.
BUT whenever i look at the AC skins, all i mostly see is RSS!
Recently, a GoodSmile Racing skin was made for a Formula car which is great. BUT, it's for one of RSS Products :sick:
but that's not all! Every page i go, RSS!
Every skin i look at, RSS!
Literally, EVERY SINGLE POPULAR SKIN YOU COULD THINK OF HAS ONLY BEEN MADE FOR RSS PRODUCTS!!! WHY CAN'T THERE ALSO BE MORE VRC PRODUCTS?!?

If those paywall RSS mods were bad made like from SD, then you were right. But even those well made RSS cars are especially for VR not always perfect. As a sample when sitting in the cockpit seeing pixelate logos on your F1 car, is not a view I wanting to see for an paywall car in VR mode.
Here it is great to get a skin of choice, made by a skin designer, who does have an VR headset and does avoid such stupid mistake.

For the rest I did do a check and the outcome on RSS skins is not that dramatic as you did explain. Great that there is so much content for everybody.
Thanks skinners for all the work and keep on.

Last edited:
Because RSS makes the highest quality (On the cars they make, although the VRC F1 is better than RSS's IMO), and the most popular cars, so of course, they're going to be the skins of choice, because they make cars that are still often used today.

I did try a URD car and finally I found a car that was made for VR. In the cockpit I did see lot of fine details and depth. The RSS and VRS cars are definitely not designed for VR use. I suspect the RSS or VRS guy behind these mods does not have any VR headset.

Because RSS makes the highest quality (On the cars they make, although the VRC F1 is better than RSS's IMO), and the most popular cars, so of course, they're going to be the skins of choice, because they make cars that are still often used today.
personally, i still dislike RSS with a burning passion. they just do not feel realistic at all.

although i might still try their Formula 2010 before i delete all of my RSS mods. if the Formula 2010 is doing okay, i might keep it but i already know they messed up hard in my eyes.

Recently, a GoodSmile Racing skin was made for a Formula car which is great. BUT, it's for one of RSS Products :sick:
Well yeah. No one else has made a legit 2010 car. And personally, I don't think giving promo to dodgy mods should be a done thing.

Literally, EVERY SINGLE POPULAR SKIN YOU COULD THINK OF HAS ONLY BEEN MADE FOR RSS PRODUCTS!!!
From a skinners's perspective working with an RSS template is 10 times better than working with some other groups and/or dodgy mods.

Last edited:
Why on earth does this have to happen? I'm getting REALLY REALLY TIRED of RSS!
Every single day i hop on to RaceDepartment to look for either some unique tracks, no issue.
BUT whenever i look at the AC skins, all i mostly see is RSS!
but that's not all! Every page i go, RSS!
Every skin i look at, RSS!
Literally, EVERY SINGLE POPULAR SKIN YOU COULD THINK OF HAS ONLY BEEN MADE FOR RSS PRODUCTS!!! WHY CAN'T THERE ALSO BE MORE VRC PRODUCTS?!?
Please get over it. Every single week for months we see the constant bashing from you in any public space about us when we and our supporters have done nothing wrong. Please stop this obsession and spiralling madness of negativity. This is such a niche market already that we should be encouraging each other not bring others’s contributions down.

You were banned from our Discord server for being in piracy Discord’s. You have made a mistake. There is no further reason to repeatedly attack us everywhere. If you are unhappy please move on if you cannot be encouraging

Please get over it. Every single week for months we see the constant bashing from you in any public space about us when we and our supporters have done nothing wrong. Please stop this obsession and spiralling madness of negativity. This is such a niche market already that we should be encouraging each other not bring others’s contributions down.

You were banned from our Discord server for being in piracy Discord’s. You have made a mistake. There is no further reason to repeatedly attack us everywhere. If you are unhappy please move on if you cannot be encouraging
Do NOT even think about mentioning about me being banned from your server! it's the owner's fault for creating a piracy server in the first place! just because i was in a mutual piracy server does NOT mean i will not support, especially since i've already bought the FH2023 from the OFFICIAL website!!!

and besides, i already cannot stand reading this message. if you want the community to keep making skins, then let them keep making then! if things are not working out then so be it! They Do They!!!

Last edited:
Reading through this post, not that I use VR or F1 cars but it was the RSS mods that court my attention.

Despite that the thing I noted, Post 2 suggested "make them yourself". That's fine except for the reason people look for others to do the liveries is because they can't do them yourself for one off two reasons. They don't have the programs and/or they don't have the skill to use those program. The suggestion that, yeah you go ahead and make them yourself suggest that to every skinner you have little or no respect for the time, work and effete that goes into creating high quality liveries by the skinner community. I see it that we all respect the models, the 3D creators. We all respect the guy's that do the physic of the cars, specially when it's good and represent the driver ability of the car as close to it as in RL. True, respect to you guy's.
But for some reason most seem to think to create a high quality livery that represent the RL version of a car is just copy and pasd! As a skinner, Thank you for that.

As for seeing pixelate textures in the cockpits. Just like the liveries on the out side the difference is resolution. High res, = higher quality. Simple really. Except it's not! As someone who has had many year experience with this. It all depends on the way the car is modeled, Texture and put into game. The airier that skinners have no control over. Mapping of texture temples. If their mapped at all, not just tiled. Then there is the old issue with the lager the textures, the more computer memory is required. Some off us have PC's that can handle higher quality textures, more poly models but many don't. The ability to create the perfect looking car cockpit and textured so well it almost looks real is quite possible and has been for some years, The only problem is only a select few would be able to use it for in game play. Even less online.

So as someone who's worked with a number off modding teams I have to ask, What do you think the creators off the mods do? Make them for the many, or the few?

Despite that the thing I noted, Post 2 suggested "make them yourself". That's fine except for the reason people look for others to do the liveries is because they can't do them yourself for one off two reasons. They don't have the programs and/or they don't have the skill to use those program.
1 solution to each of them.

Firstly there’s multiple free programs. For example I know people who use Paint.net. And I used to use GIMP. There’s free programs that do the same job as Photoshop.

Secondly, is the best way to gain that skill is to do it. My early work is horrendous. But now I’m improved. I’ve learnt new techniques.

1 solution to each of them.

Firstly there’s multiple free programs. For example I know people who use Paint.net. And I used to use GIMP. There’s free programs that do the same job as Photoshop.

Secondly, is the best way to gain that skill is to do it. My early work is horrendous. But now I’m improved. I’ve learnt new techniques.
And again I'll repeat, people look for others work "because" like yours and mine for that matter, was not at a standard that I would have share with anyone. Not helpful to make your own rubbish if you like to use ones done by you and I and many other very good skinners.

Again I'll repeat myself, Sure the program are free but not free to use. To make liveries to a standard that most expect and the reason many download yours and my work in the first place is it takes a lot off time to first get the reference require to see all sides off the car, Time to find (If they can be found) all the correct sponsor logos, then it take time to learn the program/s .
I've found way to many liveries that use the wrong or a completely different sponsor logo. This is not good practice in my opinion.

Though I'm surprised anyone would need to explain any off this to someone who dose already know the learning curve required. If you where someone who hadn't done any skinning your post would be more understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes