Just don't break what makes AC special

There is a term you'll occasionally hear in RL that something has 'the special' - being a shorthand way of saying that there are hard-to-define traits that make a thing transcend the sum of its parts. That's AC for many of us long-time SIM racers. With modern mods stuck on top, AC is nearly perfect; lacking almost nothing. (It's got the FFB, the Physics, the Eye-candy, AND the performance (even highly-modded and in VR), so it's got just about everything).

Ultimately my entire wish-list for AC2 therefore comes down to not breaking what makes AC special. I very much hope that Kunos looks at every aspect of the modern modded AC, and is then painstakingly careful that AC2 is either the equal to, or better than, AC in every regard. I don't even care if they modernize the engine since it doesn't really seem to need it - they could just build on what's there by paying many of the Mod developers to allow them to implement those features in AC2.

We live in a world where sequels let us down over, and over, and over again; because the devs (or filmmakers, or authors, or, or, or...) lose sight of what made the original so very special (DAO -> DA(anything later), anyone? anyone? ME(1,2) -> ME(anything later), anyone? anyone? GT4 -> GT(anything later), anyone? anyone?)

So that's my suggestion for AC2: Just don't break what make AC so great!

• Deleted member 1066209

After playing some rF2, I've really started to appreciate Assetto Corsa's FFB tuning for individual cars. It is very useful to have the ability to change the FFB strength of the car with the "+" and "-" buttons while driving.

I consider this as something that makes AC great, so I hope it's also included in the sequel.

I don't agree. ACC/AMS2 look and feel like a other generation then AC. Even with all mods CSP/SOL/Pure etc.etc. enabled it still looks worse then AMS2/ACC/DR2. The engine is simply outdated and really needs an update.

I also hope for much more official high quality content so that we don't depend on mod's. Mod's is a lot of hassle to deal with and the quality is very mixed and constant compatibility issues/updating are also not a great thing. The great thing about for example Automobilista 2 is that it has great content of out of the box. I hope that AC2 also has that much official content but that mod's are still possible as an addition. But that the game is already great and complete without mod's. This is not the case with AC, it simply lacks official content and updates/maintenance, because of that so many mod's are needed.

I hope even more that they keep MSAA and great VR support with great performance as a high priority for AC2(this subject REALLY went wrong with ACC). TAA in ACC is really a terrible thing to deal with.

The FFB of AMS2 and ACC is also better, the same for the motion/buttkicker support. It feels just more simple and less detailed/advanced compared to ACC/AMS2. But I don't expect issues here since they already did great on this part with ACC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back