Just bought Assetto Corsa. Which CAR-mods do you recommend?

Hey @gilles13 , I love your content for AMS!

I was in your same situation two weeks ago, had just bought AC and was looking for the best car mods. Granted there's so much base content that I still haven't tried it all, but these are the mods I'm enjoying the most:

• Mazda 787b (the name is enough to explain why this is awesome! Only the sound feels a bit off but aye, can't really complain)
  • Veloce GTS-8 (this is a fantasy car but it feels really good! It looks gorgeous and while being kind of "vintage" it is really fast. Very enjoyable drive.)
  • FC1 Wiliams FW31 (a really good and well rounded F1 mod. I like its ffb and it's very enjoyable to drive. Also it's kind of filling a gap because I never really liked AMS' rendition of this era's F1 cars, meainly because of the very weak FFB, while this feels really good. For the V10s and current era F1 cars though I'd rather fire up AMS than download the mods for AC, as it generally feels better to me).
  • Ginetta G55 GT4 (this is a bit of a personal favorite, mostly because I'm planning to drive in the GT4 italian championship IRL in the next season. Anyways, the car feels really good and is pretty easy to pick up, and while not the fastest on the straights it is really agile in the more technical sectors. Really fun car to drive, and it's awesome to recreate real life races by firing this up with other classes like GT3)

As I said I have just started playing AC as well so this is not a comprehensive list at all, but these are just my personal favorites so far. I would also recommend trying all of the vanilla content as it is awesome, I'm especially loving the GT2 cars and the KTM X-Bow.

Hope to see you around!

I would focus on tracks .. the strongest and weakest part of AC .. not enough good tracks ingame, here on RD, sort by rating and just get all of them :)
There is like milion cars in game and even if you scratch cars that are basicaly the same you have plenty to drive for months till you need to worry about mods .. but mentioned Renault 3.5 was, when I tried it, better feeling than original openwhellers so if you are into formulas ...

Shelby Cobra 427
Virtua Simulazioni's Formula Renault 3.5 and their Mclaren F1 mod too.
I would avoid these works from Virtua Simulazioni until they will be updated: at the moment they're not representative of the work when it was released because of the changes in the tires physic done in AC later. ;)

I would avoid these works from Virtua Simulazioni until they will be updated: at the moment they're not representative of the work when it was released because of the changes in the tires physic done in AC later. ;)
Lol Sorry didn't know that. i'm still a noob when it comes to AC..

I Tried them a little while. Although i am not really a fan of the 3.5. it looks amazing but i am a guy who likes F1 (Open wheelers in general) which don't have crazy amounts of grip.

The McLaren F1 is sweet though, Very much power (Clarkson would approve) and not forgiving..

I'll try the 787B tonight.

And i am looking to start making mods for AC Aswell , Like @Gabry_R said i am a modder in Automobilista. Perhaps i could make the BTCC 2016 season for AC To..

I Tried them a little while. Although i am not really a fan of the 3.5. it looks amazing but i am a guy who likes F1 (Open wheelers in general) which don't have crazy amounts of grip.

The McLaren F1 is sweet though, Very much power (Clarkson would approve) and not forgiving..

They're still great works, but probably more difficult to drive than they should be. :) VS also released a F300, if you want to try it.
If you like open wheelers, try the RSR Formula 3 (still waiting for an update too) and the F2002. A good reference for Formula 1 mods is the ASR Formula website, where you can access the beta version of the cars listed by doing a donation (or wait for the 1.0 version, which will be free).

They're still great works, but probably more difficult to drive than they should be. :) VS also released a F300, if you want to try it.
If you like open wheelers, try the RSR Formula 3 (still waiting for an update too) and the F2002. A good reference for Formula 1 mods is the ASR Formula website, where you can access the beta version of the cars listed by doing a donation (or wait for the 1.0 version, which will be free).
f300 is only available on the official support forum for reasons beyond our control sadly.

Reactions: Uff
There are some great car suggestions in this thread!

I don't think I've seen the Koenigsegg One:1 mentioned yet. Also, I second the recommendation to download the Fonsecker sound pack if you're either not happy with the way some Kunos cars sound or you're just interested in hearing what Fonsecker has been able to come up with. He's good!

Is it any good? I am asking because it's a pay mod, check the link

As a rule of thumb, avoid websites that sell contents like the one you linked: their cars often are rips from Forza Motorsport (or other games) with very bad physic (moreover, what they're doing is illegal).
The only payware mods that are worth the purchase (everything is made from scratch) are the ones from UnitedRacingDesign (and ASR Formula, if you want to try a car before of its 1.0 version). At the moment I don't recall any other paid content worth the attention.

• Deleted member 130869

That paid download is unnecessary as we have the F1 GTR version of the car. It might be a rip from pCARS, but as people have said, there is only one paid download site around that is trustworthy and that makes their own material: URD - United Racing Design. ASR Formula creates their own content but it is an optional paid download for beta versions. Only their GP3 series is paid and it's $2.50 or $3.50.

Just to clarify from the already suggested material:
  • 1998 McLaren F1 MP4-13 and Ferrari F300 - I recommend the small burrito update, don't know if it can be found here
  • 2002 Ferrari F1
  • 2014 Formula Renault 3.5
only the F2002 is updated on tires but the others drive fine. The Mazda 787B is very enjoyable too, I am looking forward to sound and performance tweaks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back