jusk's F1 1995 Custom AI

Other jusk's F1 1995 Custom AI v0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
jusk submitted a new resource:

jusk's F1 1995 Custom AI - F1 1995 Season (F-V12) custom AI with track-specific driver lineups

An alternative 1995 F1 custom AI file for the F-V12 cars, made to work with @mungopark's skinpack .

Features:
  • Historically correct drivers for all 1995 F1 tracks currently in AMS2 (12 in total), using track-specific overrides. This means Nigel Mansell automatically replaces Mark Blundell for McLaren at Imola. Other drivers making...

Read more about this resource...

have the liveries for the 1995 season been completed yet? I know they were WIP, but maybe I've missed them being completed. 1998 and 2000 are completed, waiting on 1995 tho
Yes there's a full set (i.e. mungopark's skinpack) - they are limited to all looking a bit like Ferraris (only model available in game at the moment), with gold rims, so it looks at bit weird, but you have a full grid of 26 to play with at least.

jusk updated jusk's F1 1995 Custom AI with a new update entry:

v0.4

Changes:
  • Added historically accurate vehicle reliability values for the new Advanced Mechanical Damage Modelling (AMDM) system
  • Added track-specific vehicle reliability overrides (i.e. reliability is worse on certain tracks (e.g. Interlagos, Hockenheim), in line with actual 1995 failure rates)
  • Performance balancing tweaks
To install:
Simply copy the XML file into your
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers folder...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi! I downloaded the skinpack and it has a custom AI file. How is this one different? (I haven't tried the original yet)

thanks for taking the time to do this!

Hi! I downloaded the skinpack and it has a custom AI file. How is this one different? (I haven't tried the original yet)

thanks for taking the time to do this!
Hi - if you're curious I'd suggest downloading both and comparing them (you can open them in notepad or any text editor), but in short, my file includes historically accurate vehicle reliability values, plus extra detail like track-specific overrides for drivers, reliability and performance, and distinct qualifying and race performance values for each driver, etc, as detailed on the download page overview/updates..

Last edited:
Hi - if you're curious I'd suggest downloading both and comparing them (you can open them in notepad or any text editor), but in short, my file includes historically accurate vehicle reliability values, plus extra detail like track-specific overrides for drivers, reliability and performance, and distinct qualifying and race performance values for each driver, etc, as detailed on the download page overview/updates..
Thanks! I just tried it and amazing work!
Is there any workaround for liveries being repeated? i.e., I pick a McLaren and then there's 3 MClarens in the race...
I don't konw if that happens only with custom liveries or default ones too (they are usually so bland I can't notice)

Thanks! I just tried it and amazing work!
Is there any workaround for liveries being repeated? i.e., I pick a McLaren and then there's 3 MClarens in the race...
I don't konw if that happens only with custom liveries or default ones too (they are usually so bland I can't notice)

Yeah, that can be a bit annoying. The cleanest way to do it (if you don't mind editing the AI file a little), is to 'comment out' the driver whose car you intend to drive from the xml file.

So for example, if you want to replace Blundell at McLaren add "<!--" before the <driver livery_name... > tag, and "-->" after the </driver> tag), like this:
<!-- <driver livery_name="McLaren-Mercedes - M. Blundell #7"> <name>Mark Blundell</name> <country>GBR</country> <race_skill>0.77</race_skill> <qualifying_skill>0.80</qualifying_skill> <aggression>0.71</aggression> <defending>0.51</defending> <stamina>0.69</stamina> <consistency>0.81</consistency> <start_reactions>0.85</start_reactions> <wet_skill>0.74</wet_skill> <tyre_management>0.78</tyre_management> <blue_flag_conceding>0.91</blue_flag_conceding> <weather_tyre_changes>0.72</weather_tyre_changes> <avoidance_of_mistakes>0.49</avoidance_of_mistakes> <avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>0.33</avoidance_of_forced_mistakes> <vehicle_reliability>0.52</vehicle_reliability> </driver> -->

Anything between the <!-- and --> is ignored, so Blundell will not appear in game. Or, you could simply delete the entire Mark Blundell chunk of XML above, which will have the same effect - but maybe keep a backup of the original.

Hope that makes sense. Hopefully Reiza will come up with a proper solution for this issue in time.

Last edited:
Yeah, that can be a bit annoying. The cleanest way to do it (if you don't mind editing the AI file a little), is to 'comment out' the driver whose car you intend to drive from the xml file.

So for example, if you want to replace Blundell at McLaren add "<!--" before the <driver livery_name... > tag, and "-->" after the </driver> tag), like this:
<!-- <driver livery_name="McLaren-Mercedes - M. Blundell #7"> <name>Mark Blundell</name> <country>GBR</country> <race_skill>0.77</race_skill> <qualifying_skill>0.80</qualifying_skill> <aggression>0.71</aggression> <defending>0.51</defending> <stamina>0.69</stamina> <consistency>0.81</consistency> <start_reactions>0.85</start_reactions> <wet_skill>0.74</wet_skill> <tyre_management>0.78</tyre_management> <blue_flag_conceding>0.91</blue_flag_conceding> <weather_tyre_changes>0.72</weather_tyre_changes> <avoidance_of_mistakes>0.49</avoidance_of_mistakes> <avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>0.33</avoidance_of_forced_mistakes> <vehicle_reliability>0.52</vehicle_reliability> </driver> -->

Anything between the <!-- and --> is ignored, so Blundell will not appear in game. Or, you could simply delete the entire Mark Blundell chunk of XML above, which will have the same effect - but maybe keep a backup of the original.

Hope that makes sense. Hopefully Reiza will come up with a proper solution for this issue in time.

Thank you! I'll give it a try, at least for a championship

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea