Join lag

Have noticed an old Rfactor issue with this game when playing online.

And that is a very small but annoying join lag blot when someone joins a server, you get a sort of jump, then you see another person has joined.

AS I say it is only brief but can really mess up a hot lap if you are qualifying, not sure if it happens when people leave too as I get in in races at times.

Any ideas if there is anything you can do to negate the issue? As I dont get it on other games, or even AC.

Have noticed an old Rfactor issue with this game when playing online.

And that is a very small but annoying join lag blot when someone joins a server, you get a sort of jump, then you see another person has joined.

AS I say it is only brief but can really mess up a hot lap if you are qualifying, not sure if it happens when people leave too as I get in in races at times.

Any ideas if there is anything you can do to negate the issue? As I dont get it on other games, or even AC.
It only happens in servers where custom skins are installed - both on the server and the client. To mitigate it, you can delete the custom skins on your side.

If that's not the case, it will be something on your side, like the game being installed on a slow HDD instead of an SSD, or using a custom engine.ini file. I've never experienced lag from people joining servers except when custom skins were involved.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back