JBX Settings - Reshade and SweetFX

Misc JBX Settings - Reshade and SweetFX v1.9.18

Login or Register an account to download this content
My ppfilter has not been updated for a while but it should work fine. I have not had much time to play this game. As you say, it is better to reduce the automatic exposure. The game does not look so dark.

regards,

The trick to it all is to get it looking how it would look through the human eye and not through the CCD of a digital camera. Far too many people accept that as reality these days, resulting in images that look really unnatural.

Open most ppfilters, yours included, you find settings for airydisc and nobody seems to know what it is. I looked it up and it is actually quite an important setting when it comes to things looking natural. Especially with night racing. Look at this pic:

5r7Rw04.jpg

See the concentric circles emanating from the headlights? That is an airydisc. The best way to see one for yourself is to take a small torch and shine it into your eyes, bing, there's the airydisc! The default setting for it is 'WAVELENGTH=500' that's what you see above. That looks a bit much to me so I turned it down to 100. This is the result:

eAWUhLK.jpg

I'm thinking that looks better. Have a play though and tell me what you think looks best. Look at the big light in this shot from Singapore, the outer glow round the light is the airydisc again. Basically, the default setting for it should always be 1 and not 0.

J5Vticy.jpg

Something else I forgot to mention is this line from graphics.ini, it determines how realistic your reflections will be:

SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=4.5

That is the best setting.

Another one is this from video.ini, though I don't really know what it does:

[CUBEMAP]
SIZE=512
FACES_PER_FRAME=0
FARPLANE=2000

Apparently that is the best setting.

You live and learn!

JuanBonX updated JBX Settings - Reshade and SweetFX with a new update entry:

JBX Settings v1.9.18 Reshade and SweetFX

Changelog

v1.9.18 for Reshade: Adjustments and Improvements in DPX, LiftGammaGain, Tonemap, SMAA and Vibrance.

- Better Clarity
- Better Color Saturation (Vibrance)
- Darkest Nights
- Removed Curves Effect
- Updated PDF installation guide for Reshade
- Updated JBX-Settings-Shaders (Folder)
- Updated ReShade.ini

v1.9.8.G for SweetFX and eFX: Adjustments and Improvements in DPX, LiftGammaGain, LumaSharpen, Tonemap, SMAA and Vibrance.

- Better Clarity
- Better Color Saturation...

Read the rest of this update entry...

INSTALLATION OF RESHADE AND SWEETFX

Copy only the shared files in JBX Settings. Do not use the reshade executable and the effect folder reshade-shaders or JBX Settings will not work correctly. You just have to copy the required files, configure the game and Play.

PDF INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR RESHADE AND SWEETFX

JBX Settings\Reshade\_Installation Guide

JBX Settings\SweetFX\_Installation Guide

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play