Ist Generation VR: Worth it?

No worries, glad that helped. ACC won't support VR until next month. I have a HTC Vive so I can't help you with RE, hit the Sector3 forums as you'll be able to find some help there.

With AC you launch the game on your desktop monitor, then go to Setting > Video in AC. Under Display select 'OpenVR'. Launch a race and it will run on your headset. AC is a bit rubbish that way, the menu screen before a race don't work on any headset. So ignore that warning when you launch AC, everyone sees that.

No worries, glad that helped. ACC won't support VR until next month. I have a HTC Vive so I can't help you with RE, hit the Sector3 forums as you'll be able to find some help there.

With AC you launch the game on your desktop monitor, then go to Setting > Video in AC. Under Display select 'OpenVR'. Launch a race and it will run on your headset. AC is a bit rubbish that way, the menu screen before a race don't work on any headset. So ignore that warning when you launch AC, everyone sees that.
Another question answered, thanks mate :thumbsup: Getting there slowly :)

The mouse problem in R3E is now resolved with an update to the new Nvidia drivers, released today: 411.63. I'm still trying to get VR to work with rF2, how ? And I'm really looking forward to next month when ACC gets VR. While it's true that I can drive the GT3 Hurracan in PC2, it's pretty awful compared to ACCs version: about as much grip as a Morris Minor on crossplys ( showing my age there :D )

On the launcher Settings page click video settings and on VR select VR or HMD + Monitor.
Then click OK and start like normal!
Use HMD+Monitor that way you can remove the headset and click on the screen if somethings goes wrong.
Would also suggest to map a button on the wheel to center view. Just easier that way.

• Deleted member 197115

The mouse problem in R3E is now resolved with an update to the new Nvidia drivers, released today: 411.63. I'm still trying to get VR to work with rF2, how ? And I'm really looking forward to next month when ACC gets VR. While it's true that I can drive the GT3 Hurracan in PC2, it's pretty awful compared to ACCs version: about as much grip as a Morris Minor on crossplys ( showing my age there :D )
AC version is better anyway and you can have it in VR today.
ACC VR in October, Kunos must be working 24/7 optimizing ACC to make it VR ready even with single car.

On the launcher Settings page click video settings and on VR select VR or HMD + Monitor.
Then click OK and start like normal!
Use HMD+Monitor that way you can remove the headset and click on the screen if somethings goes wrong.
Would also suggest to map a button on the wheel to center view. Just easier that way.

Thanks for the heads up, I found the setting in the end. But in my version it doesn't say "HMD + Monitor", but something similar. No matter, and good that you gave me the tip with a button to centre the view: the first time I started it, the opening screen was somewhere up in the corner of the VR screen :( Took a while to work out was going on.
In the end, after all the hassle of getting it to run, I was disapointed with VR in rF2 really. In direct comparison with R3E or PC2 it looks pretty terrible, that's a shame.
PC2 might be lacking in other areas, but I must say, the VR is stunning :thumbsup: I drove in LeMans with an open Oreca LMP2, and you can even lean over and see the fire extinguisher on the passenger side! And the switches on the instrument panel look so sharp you feel you could touch them. And the arms on the steering wheel look like my arms, the sense of immersion is awsome!
I hope they get the VR right in ACC, the Hurracan GT3 in PC2 is a bit pants compared to the one in ACC.
In conclusion, despite the difficulties getting it all running ( the Steam VR is still a bit buggy ), the first time you drive out of the pits in VR makes it all worthwhile. I couldn't stop grinning :D,
I was blown away as to what a difference VR makes. After you've tried it, there's no going back..

Last edited:
VR are a game changer!
For me Rf2 are great in VR but I do have to select my tracks and car combo.
Look at post #24.
The link describe how to do 'motion re-projection' You might want to do that in RF2.
Also would recommend to do SS in manual that way you can select how much SS each app gets. vs the default Auto which isn't working well for me.

VR are a game changer!
For me Rf2 are great in VR but I do have to select my tracks and car combo.
Look at post #24.
The link describe how to do 'motion re-projection' You might want to do that in RF2.
Also would recommend to do SS in manual that way you can select how much SS each app gets. vs the default Auto which isn't working well for me.

Maybe you're right, and I gave up too soon with rF2. I thought it was a shame with rF2 because it has the best driving physics for me. I'll give it another go this evening :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 79 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 59 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.6%