Issue with lights

Hi! I created a track with light for race at night. But when I drive in rFactor, there are some parts that are iluminated and others that are dark. How can I fix this problem?

Attachments

• Lights 1.jpg
    Lights 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 69
  • Lights 2.jpg
    Lights 2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 70
Is the track made from a single item in BTB, e.g. a closed loop track? If so, there's a chance it will have been exported to game as a single mesh. A mesh can only accept a certain number of lights, with anything beyond the limit being ignored.
A single track can be split up by placing cross sections where 'Set Material' is selected. If you've not done that, the track will definitely be a single mesh. Try adding some cross sections to the track with 'Set Material' selected in window. It'll choose the current material by default, so you won't have to make any changes.

Adding/moving cross sections can slightly change the positions of the the triangles' vertices, so if you've carefully aligned other things to your track, you should double check them afterwards.

Is the track made from a single item in BTB, e.g. a closed loop track? If so, there's a chance it will have been exported to game as a single mesh. A mesh can only accept a certain number of lights, with anything beyond the limit being ignored.
A single track can be split up by placing cross sections where 'Set Material' is selected. If you've not done that, the track will definitely be a single mesh. Try adding some cross sections to the track with 'Set Material' selected in window. It'll choose the current material by default, so you won't have to make any changes.

Adding/moving cross sections can slightly change the positions of the the triangles' vertices, so if you've carefully aligned other things to your track, you should double check them afterwards.
Thanks for your answer. I found the solution just setting the shaders of the asphalt (and other textures) on "defusse only".

That's not the correct solution. There are plenty of tracks that have many lights along with the conventional multi-texture materials. Is your track split up into multiple sections (cross-sections with 'set material' selected, or separate open-ended BTB track pieces)?

That's not the correct solution. There are plenty of tracks that have many lights along with the conventional multi-texture materials. Is your track split up into multiple sections (cross-sections with 'set material' selected, or separate open-ended BTB track pieces)?
Only some parts. It's separate just in the start/finish line. But for the moment, that solution was effective for many trials that I've done.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back