Issue setting up Buttkicker Advance on NX1000D amp

I just got two Buttkicker Advance (one for under my seat and one for under my pedals) and I am running them with a Behringer NX1000D amp. I have a ASUS Xonar DGX sound card outputting to the NX1000D.

The issue I am having is that in Windows 10 I cannot turn the volume up on the card over 50%. It will let me turn it past 50% but Windows immediately sets it back to 50%. I went into the ASUS sound software and tried to turn the volume up there as well and it did the same thing and reverted back to 50%.

So I unplugged the audio cable from the sound card and it let me set the volume to 100% and did not revert back.

Next I tried using my motherboard's onboard audio out to the NX1000D amp and it did the same thing where it only let me set volume to 50% and would revert it back if I tried to set it higher.

in Windows 10 I cannot turn the volume up on the card over 50%. It will let me turn it past 50% but Windows immediately sets it back to 50%. I went into the ASUS Gui and tried to turn the volume up there as well and it did the same thing and reverted back to 50%.

This is the cable I bought to go from my sound card to the NX1000D:

Anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

I could be wrong on this but I recall some issues I had with an old Asus Xonar U7 soundcard (still have in a box somewhere). Not sure if Asus have updated drivers to support Win 10/11 as some of their products are quite old now.

Check to see if you are using the latest drivers/firmware etc.

Seems weird this is also affecting your onboard audio too.
Did find this and This

The alternative is to get a different soundcard.

Best budget card I would recommend for Simhub is the Startech 7.1 USB

Upmarket Cards to consider

Creative X3 or X4
ESI GIGAPORT eX

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back