PC1 ISR interview with Andy Tudor (Creative Director of SMS)

Well, some RD members may have acted a little aggressive, but the RD staff did not. And guess what? Some pCARS fans acted aggressive, too, and then there is that very odd guy that invested heavily and just goes on about money all the time, who is a trolling disgrace of monumental proportions who caused a lot of this to get out of hand in the first place, don't forget that.

All RD did was allow free speech as defined by their rules. SMS literally had a hissy fit and tried to bully RD staff into changing the rules just for them, even threatening legal action. RD asked for proof of the accusations, Ian just kept ignoring this request and just asking for the title to be changed, for this or that to be removed, etc. This went back and forth several times, with RD continuously asking Ian to prove his bold statements. He never did, and realized if he tried to take them to court, he'd have lost, he knew it before he even made the threat if you ask me - the threat was hot air to bully RD into doing what he wanted - to limit bad publicity of pCARS. Grow up and deal with it, i say.

Make a next-gen sim like you said, that isn't way behind the curve, and you won't get bad publicity.

Be honest in your marketing, engage with your community properly and stop saying we are all wrong and that pcars is amazing in terms pf physics

Put your investors on a leash, do not let them semi represent you, or have the power to insinuate representation and close ties with you and watch them alienate a lot of sim racers with disgusting, trolling behaviour - it will rub off on you.

We Should honestly start to coin the phrase "Ian Baby-Bell" from this day forth and make it stick, because he did act like a baby, big time..
babybell.jpg

It's quite incredible really. No other sim makers have the arrogance to bully their audience, SMS do, and it seems some people out there find comfort in witnessing this behaviour simply because they like the sim too much to see that the behaviour is outrageous.

Again, I fully support the RD staff and how they handled it, those are the guys who took the high ground, those are the guys defending your right to speak freely, and this is currently the last major place where you can do this, it seems. Even if you do not agree with what was being said or even understand this is what was happening, they were prepared to go to court for this, and that takes belief.

*EDIT* I am also not happy that the emergency story went out that pCARS has secured a major investor and the alpha access would be pulled, so buy now or perhaps lose out of ever joining in until release! I wouldn't mind, but you add up everything SMS does, and Shift 1 and 2 and the outright lies over those, the lawsuit threats, the scooping up of influential mods who can curb dissent, but more importantly, be far more enthusiastic in their coverage on there website than they would have been, the way Ian insulted Nismo with psychological bull, the trolling by Ian in the past, and that Mikas guy who was allow to roam freely, and the enthusiastic community WMD members who think pCARS is god and everyone who thinks otherwise should shut up, alpha alpha alpha, probably several other things, and i just have a bad taste in my mouth towards SMS, can't help it, sorry.

I used to favor Nismo's videos until Halcyon and JonZ got serious. Their videos crush anything Nismo has done (or probably ever will do <--hey look, it's the "I'm skeptical" argument).

And for pure unedited pCARS gameplay, well there's tons of those available on YTube now.

1) How silly does this have to get? Do we have to choose sides on the bloody videos now?

and 2) Nismo does a fine job:

And it now seems that unbiased VirtualR is no longer hosting Nismo's video's, which in many people's view, are the best sim video's being produced right now......no shortage of pcars video's, fan made or otherwise, but that's a sheer coincidence.

How about some "facts" for a change?

Seems that you're implying VirtualR is no longer hosting Nismo's videos. Well, it never did (they're actually hosted on YouTube).

As for the articles about BSNismo's videos, they're still there, including embedded YouTube videos (takes only few seconds to search for those).

From neutral point of view, and given the history of feud between SMS and BSNismo, it seems quite natural that BSNismo stopped submitting anything to VirtualR.

That doesn't make VirtualR biased. There's no evidence (so far) to confirm any such claim.

It appears that you're more biased than those you're accusing of bias. Just to be clear, this is not a personal jab towards you, but an observation from a long time lurker.

PS
I'm not affiliated with SMS, WMD or VirtualR

For the record i do not or ever have submitted any video to any site like that be it VirtualR, here or anywhere. If they are picked up they are picked up. Honestly guys move on because it really doesn't matter. Quite funny to read some posts here though, even after all this time some people can not let things go and have to carry on with swipes.

Honestly i did not realise i was in a competition with the pCARS video guys, so i don't feel crushed. If it is a competition it's not a very fair one right now really. rF2 and pCARS as of now are like COD vs BF3 if you get my drift graphically, one is more you know striking visually and makes the videos more appealing. You know one kinda outshines the other graphically at least. But lets see what happens once we get our hands on AC which can at least match pCARS. Actually i think what has been shown so far from AC actually looks more realistic graphically. I think pCARS from the latest pics i have seen has taken a different road graphically, it looks more stylistic than realistic if that makes sense.

But anyway all this competition talk is childish. If you guys over there view it like that then fair dos. I don't personally, i just make videos for fun and will continue to do so with rF2 and AC.

Honestly guys move on because it really doesn't matter. Quite funny to read some posts here though, even after all this time some people can not let things go and have to carry on with swipes.

Hmmm, If ya mean me Nismo, I stayed out of the entire RD vs SMS stuff and i don't post in pCARs threads any more apart from if i try a new build, which is very rare now. It just annoyed me when that guy said Ian took the "high ground", I just wanted to point out the actual facts as i saw unfold over the last oh so many months!

But i'll go back to my ignoring pCARs threads mode now, it's more fun :)

Hmmm, If ya mean me Nismo, I stayed out of the entire RD vs SMS stuff and i don't post in pCARs threads any more apart from if i try a new build, which is very rare now. It just annoyed me when that guy said Ian took the "high ground", I just wanted to point out the actual facts as i saw unfold over the last oh so many months!

But i'll go back to my ignoring pCARs mode threads now, it's more fun :)
No my reply was to Flawless not you or anyone else :) . People just seem to be stuck in the past you know. Unfortunately for me i can't ignore this thread because as soon as my name is mentioned somebody always lets me know. But yeah guys just let it go and move on. If VirtualR don't post stuff that's their choice not mine, yours or anyone else. Just race guys, that's what it's all about

Oh boy. :D :rolleyes: Getting annoyed about the perspective of somebody else. Here you are talking "free speech" and yet you can't stand opinions of others.

Whatever, bud. ;)

I see no point in attacking SMS or pCARS, even less Ian Bell - you feel otherwise, your call.
I'm not the one running around and accusing folks of bias when there's no evidence.

It's time you backup your accusations with something more than "gut feeling" or accept that you can't be taken seriously.

If Coca cola kills humans and Pepsi gives you eternal life, and you say drink coke, it's the best, your personal opinion is drivel. There is a difference between just stating you think this way or that, and then having nothing to back it up. I tried to explain point by point what has happened, unless those points are lies, there is a case for why i think the way i think on this matter. What's yours exactly?

No, as long as your opinion rests on attacking others it is your opinion that is drivel. But you already know that.

My advice to you is avoid talking about "freedom of speech" while at the same time doing nothing but instigating others or, worse, attacking someone who hasn't even directed a post at you. You dislike pCARS/SMS/WMD or even Ian Bell? Ok, that's life, move along and let others discuss pCARS (the good and the bad) constructively. Nothing good will come out of your posts - not even your 10 Euros.:)

I suspect, however, that you are capable of discussing these matters in a different manner. You verbalized something I have been saying for years - devs engaging the community properly and avoiding hype that only marketing depts. can engineer. Doing things right is the best way of doing things. (I'm sure Vince Lombardi could have come up with something with more impact than this, but it is the truth nonetheless. :))

---

On another note, it is curious how in a matter of days, 2 creative directors and a production manager gave interviews of highly anticipated racing sims. All good, constructive interviews, by the way.:thumbsup:

I assume your annoyance with me is because i said your moral high ground comment regarding Ian was ridiculous, and not so much my views on SMS? Can't really tell what's bothering you here.

Your comment about Ian taking the moral high ground is very odd to me. All you said was this with no reason for why, and so at this moment, if that's all you have to say on that, i will most certainly suggest it's an utterly distorted view that has no merit. This is not me taking away your freedom of speech, this is just debate, and in the end if you can't present an argument you have little right having that opinion to begin with, at least it will hold little weight with rational people. But I won't stop you saying it, I won't censor you, I'll just disagree and think you are a bit silly.

Anyways, this pCARs stuff is boring to me, I just wanted to post my views and show support for RD. Job done. Catch you in another thread, I'm sure. No hard feelings.

You cant take away freedom of speech, you dont have that kind of power. In my opinion, you wrote a long winded babble about the same crap that had finally started to settle over the past month. An instigator you seem to be. People are entitled to their opinions and dont need facts to back it, otherwise it wouldnt be an opinion. You have a right to your opinion and so does chronus but nobody is silly here. Thats just being arrogant :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back