Is VR dead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

Quest 2 still unsupported in Win 11??
Users reporting Reverb G2 GPU performance hits in Win 11;
@Azshoot describes a registry hack to remove VR overlay that recovers performance
Assetto Corsa VR, unplayable in VR on Windows 11

I wonder whether Intel ARC drivers will support Windows 10 (and how well).
I modified something in the windows 11 registry that removes the vr overlay on the screens and I win + 50% performance and now the quality is amazing
What is that something I wonder?

How many times has someone here suggested that it won't be until the 50 series that we will have what we need to drive a proper VR headset with no compromises?

Seems NVidia was listening, so they are going to skip the 40 series and give us the 50 series this Fall at least in name.

I'm excited that I'm getting to skip right to the 50 series, how about the rest of you? LOL!

Way to put the 30 series further back in the rear view mirror, huh?

I'm sure they just thought of that to push forward the prices they can charge us in the future. I mean, why wait until the actual product is here, just charge now and change the name to suit.

By the way, I have no idea what you're talking about but this seems 100% plausible coming from Nvidia so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

• Deleted member 197115

That's like MS skipping from Windows 8 to 10.
Brilliant for charging extra money as you are getting not just next gen, but next next gen card. :roflmao:

Well, it finally happened, prices are finally dropping.

I just saw a GeForce 3080Ti for $1,468 on Amazon. It actually shows as 10% below MSRP. Whether that is really true, it is about time with likely only about 6 months before the next generation cards are released.

I recently read that they may keep 30 series production going for a while just to keep up with demand. That "could" mean that the 30 series cards will start getting discounted heavily when the 40 series arrive, or it could mean that the 40 series will be priced at new levels for consumer video cards.

Last edited:
...I just saw a GeForce 3080Ti for $1,468 on Amazon. It actually shows as 10% below MSRP.
That still sounds a little high, but definitely promising. It's more like 10% over MSRP.

It will be interesting to see what AMD and NVIDIA have up their sleeves for next Gen. I'm definitely holding out for it. I don't mind being an early adopter, and I'll be going all-in with a next gen build myself.

Now if only we could get a reasonably priced next-gen VR headset that's not Facebook and ticks all the boxes. Hurry up Valve! Surprise us already.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Well, it finally happened, prices are finally dropping.

I just saw a GeForce 3080Ti for $1,468 on Amazon. It actually shows as 10% below MSRP. Whether that is really true, it is about time with likely only about 6 months before the next generation cards are released.

I recently read that they may keep 30 series production going for a while just to keep up with demand. That "could" mean that the 30 series cards will start getting discounted heavily when the 40 series arrive, or it could mean that the 40 series will be priced at new levels for consumer video cards.
Sounds expensive, what card is that? EVGA has few 3080Ti options in stock right now, including Hybrid.

Sounds expensive, what card is that? EVGA has few 3080Ti options in stock right now, including Hybrid.

It's the dropping that is catching my attention. That same card dropped by $150 on Amazon just later on in the day and apparently that sold. Now I'm seeing a $100 drop since earlier today.

I don't actually care in the least about these cards. It's the momentum I'm hoping will continue until the 40 series launch. If 30 series continue this trajectory it might allow buying and getting a new 40 series GPU within a reasonable time frame.

Fingers crossed!!! Now I just need something special to go with that card.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Cards about to be replaced by new gen are getting slight discount to clear stock, why is it unusual?

If the miners are dumping cards then you can probably get second hand cards for pretty cheap on ebay and such now. MSRP is irrelevant when there are so many second hand cards flooding onto the market that will collapse the prices.

Getting a faster card for VR is definitely worth it, I could use more than the 3080 puts out easily for ACC.

Last edited:
Pricing is a confused mess right now. I see a lot of 3080's priced higher than 3080Ti's.
Basically some people haven't gotten the memo.

Waiting for the big jump to get here :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 49 55.1%