Assetto Corsa VR, unplayable in VR on windows 11 with quest 2

I've recently bought a new PC (alienware aurora r10, it's specced pretty high) It's got a liquid cooled ryzen 5950x, 128gb of RAM and an rtx3090 - yet Assetto corsa is completely unplayable in VR.

It shipped with windows 11 and now I can't revert back to windows 10 as it's also my work PC that I use for 3D animation.

I've bought the oculus link cable which is ridiculously overpriced, specifically to get into VR sim racing and I'm incredibly disappointed as to how **** the experience is - I can't get FPS VR to run over AC in VR so I'm getting no understanding of what FPS I'm hitting, there's insane screen lag - the image has ludicrous amounts of aliasing, contrast is shockingly poor, the images in the distance i.e spotting corners are all crazily blurry with jagged edges from the aliasing even with AA cranked all the way up.

On my samsung oddysey neo g9 I'm, easily hitting over 200fps so I'm really disappointed the VR experience.

Is this a windows 11 issue ? I've optimised my settings in Content manager after following tutorials online and nothing has really helped, I've also tried the oculus debug tool which helped a little but honestly the fact that you have to constantly insure it's at the front of your desktop makes it pointless when it comes to playing, everytime you want to change a setting you have to take the headset off and adjust the Debug tool - it's a major pain.

Has anybody else had any similar experiences and found a solution?

Hi.

Similar issues here. Used to run ACC in VR Epic on my G2 with a 3080ti.

Went to win11 and can only now run VR Low with acceptable performance. I’ve logged it with fpsVR and it is GPU performance bottlenecking. Not the CPU.

Stick with win10 for VR I guess until a fix is found?

Your best bet is to install another hard drive and dual boot between windows 10 and 11. You'll have to open it up and see if there's another NVME M.2 slot inside.

Also, the Oculus Quest 2 has AIRLINK. You basically have to be next to the wifi access point(full wireless AC signal or ethernet) on both the quest 2 and your PC. Then open the Oculus app on your PC and enable AIRLINK beta on the headset and set it to 200mbps. You'll have wireless oculus at that point.

I've recently bought a new PC (alienware aurora r10, it's specced pretty high) It's got a liquid cooled ryzen 5950x, 128gb of RAM and an rtx3090 - yet Assetto corsa is completely unplayable in VR.

It shipped with windows 11 and now I can't revert back to windows 10 as it's also my work PC that I use for 3D animation.

I've bought the oculus link cable which is ridiculously overpriced, specifically to get into VR sim racing and I'm incredibly disappointed as to how **** the experience is - I can't get FPS VR to run over AC in VR so I'm getting no understanding of what FPS I'm hitting, there's insane screen lag - the image has ludicrous amounts of aliasing, contrast is shockingly poor, the images in the distance i.e spotting corners are all crazily blurry with jagged edges from the aliasing even with AA cranked all the way up.

On my samsung oddysey neo g9 I'm, easily hitting over 200fps so I'm really disappointed the VR experience.

Is this a windows 11 issue ? I've optimised my settings in Content manager after following tutorials online and nothing has really helped, I've also tried the oculus debug tool which helped a little but honestly the fact that you have to constantly insure it's at the front of your desktop makes it pointless when it comes to playing, everytime you want to change a setting you have to take the headset off and adjust the Debug tool - it's a major pain.

I too have just upgraded to an HP Omen 30L with a 3080. I have been using an HP Reverb G2 for my VR. Unfortunately, the new Omen only came with Windows 11. All the rest of my games work in VR but AC for some reason does not. I'm sure that AC must be working on this problem as most new high end PC seem to be pre loaded with Win 11. If anyone has any advice, I would sure appreciate it.

You can downgrade back to Windows 10. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Download the installation media tool and then when it's running click upgrade this pc now. You don't need a USB or disk to make the "media" for it. My Asus G14 laptop came with Windows 11 and Assetto was running awful in VR and ended up overheating my CPU and killed my screen while I was playing without me knowing. Luckily, I only owned the laptop for 2 days, so I brought it back and got a new one. First thing I did was downgrade to Windows 10. You can't keep any of your data, but my computer now runs Assetto in max settings at 160 FPS on screen and 40 FPS in VR. Still messing with settings so the Oculus Quest 2 looks good. That's the part I'm struggling with since all the advice I'm finding for it is for Assetto Corsa Competizione .

Jamais eu de bug je suis en hp g2 + rx 6900 xt et content manager, en ultra je tourne a 90fps j'ai modifier dans le registre de windows 11 quelque chose qui enlever la superposition du vr sur les écrans et j'ai gagner +50% de performance et maintenant la qualité est incroyable

Also another thing to note Oculus don't yet support Win 11, ridiculous I know but if you contact Oculus support they'll tell you to bugger off once they know you're on Win 11

Not sure about that, im running Win11 with no problems in VR on Rift S. did an inplace upgrade from Win10. Make sure you have every updates installed plus hotfix for nvme if you are using one. For me it increased performance. Im running i7 9700 rtx 3070ti 32gb Ram

Jamais eu de bug je suis en hp g2 + rx 6900 xt et content manager, en ultra je tourne a 90fps j'ai modifier dans le registre de windows 11 quelque chose qui enlever la superposition du vr sur les écrans et j'ai gagner +50% de performance et maintenant la qualité est incroyable
Hi, I recently changed my 3080 for a 6900xt and now I'm struggling to get the same performance which I'm got before.
I'm running an Reverb G1 with steamvr SS on something about 3000px ... Before it I was running much more SS... Can you share your settings please?
Thx

Is the firmware and all drivers updated for your particular hardware?
Are all drives appropriately matched to the fastest controllers?
Do you know anyone else with another brand of VR headset?
Perhaps you can have them test on your system.
Sure!...incompatibility can occur in different hardware and software.
The notion that Windows 11 on it's own (as some suggest) is to blame, is a bit of a reach.
Heck! I have a lowly GTX1060-6GB stand-in card and have been running Win11 since early July 2021.
The only issue I have experienced to date was an Edge-related one, wherein random web pages would become unresponsive.
That only started occurring after a particular update four months into use of the OS.
The issue was quickly resolved by downloading and using Opera as my default browser.
All racing sims have worked just as well as they did in Windows 10...including AC.
I am using an HP Reverb G2 with a Ryzen 5-5600X and 32GB of DDR4-3600.

Last edited:
I have a Q2, and run AC (with CM, CSP and Sol) at 72fps, no problem.

My pc is low/mid grade. I5 12400f, 16GB RAM and a GTX 1080 Founders card.

I use a couple of the Oculus Debug features, but not many.

A couple things I found to be critical are:

I don't use SteamVR, I think there are conflicts in having three things trying to control the resolution.

Speaking of resolution, in the Oculus app, leave the res and fps at the recommended settings.

Then in CM I personally have to have (Sol) PP off, it tanks my fps even with everything turned off. It might be a Reshade problem for me. I then set the rest of my settings fairly high(not shadows), and my pixel per display is at 1.4, and lock my fps right about 74.

That will leave you with some aliasing, so I use Nvidia control panel, and make the software do my FXAA and a few other things. Most of the rigs listed in this thread are fairly robust, so your results should be decent. Make sure to make it run those settings as app specific so you dont goof up your other games.

Outside of that when you're in car, you can turn on the render tool to keep an eye on fps, frame drops and latency, etc.

Dont know if that helps anyone, but I've spent a lot of time goofing around and that seems to be what works for me for the time being. GPU prices are plummeting, so I'm thinking a 3070ti is in the near future for this PC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back