Is Sim Traxx dead?

simtraxx-png.758086

Looks like it.

older Version Transfagarasan from SimTraxx is much better. The same with peyre.
After receiving a new version i directly compare old and new version before i delete the old one. Sometimes i delete the new old. For me it feels that this happened before the shop was launched.

Damn! That's a bummer for sure. The free version has lots of janky textures and limited detail. But it's better than that...

its a shame if sim traxx had their act together I would subscribe for sure but u see too many comments like these.

The Alps track they released for free is great, its just strange that paid content looks this bad. I can only assume they have different people working on different tracks, some work faster than others and at different quality levels.

They told me, dont expect much, we are spread thin with commercial requirements and under staffed and more delays are ahead for many tracks...

Thats why they rush/release garbage. Who ever just hands them money over would be a fool.
"Over promise and under deliver" - where have I heard that before?

And moreover, the speak of working for multi platforms... never mind.

They told me, dont expect much, we are spread thin with commercial requirements and under staffed and more delays are ahead for many tracks...
Till its end I always had the feeling "Simtraxx" was basically just a single guy "managing" an open group of modders that started working with him hoping for some cash, which never really happened, and as such the result were all those unfinished tracks (of which most were conversions anyway). Like all those 0.5 "betas" were a witness of yet another track maker nopeing out.

Don't think it was ever like a real software studio.

Ordered some tracks also , Province Alpine Euro's 5.90 was there for download ... but Kormoran Rally 2.50 Euro, 66th RP Shakedown 2.50E, Loch Ard 2.50E ...all Ultimate packs are not available for download.....says order processing...paid with paypal so will raise it after a few days if not receiving any news...Wish Id seen this before taking the plunge ...province alps wet looks weird and winter wont load ..gravel,tarmac stages great so from Simtraxx I have 1 broken download and 3 missing ! lol....ohh well

Ordered some tracks also , Province Alpine Euro's 5.90 was there for download ... but Kormoran Rally 2.50 Euro, 66th RP Shakedown 2.50E, Loch Ard 2.50E ...all Ultimate packs are not available for download.....says order processing...paid with paypal so will raise it after a few days if not receiving any news...Wish Id seen this before taking the plunge ...province alps wet looks weird and winter wont load ..gravel,tarmac stages great so from Simtraxx I have 1 broken download and 3 missing ! lol....ohh well

I had same happen with Button Willow early release purchase.
After a few days of waiting I emailed them at the PayPal-provided email.
They got right back to me, explained that their web site is still not complete...
...and sent me a download link for the track. It works fine.

Here is what we got back from Kon at SIMTRAXX today on the discord group.
"we are currently changing the system and there will be no more newsletters.You will be able to login to simtraxx store and see all new updates and download them as soon as they arrive instead of waiting for newsletters. We will also extend the membership for few months"

Right now I dont see a members login area and how long it will take before we see this "Who knows". No more news letters which last major one was last October 2018 for members. If I dont see anything/updates this year I will forget about SIMTRAXX and use the tracks I have. Not much going on otherwise in the 2 discord groups I joined. Thats about all I know so far.

Here is what we got back from Kon at SIMTRAXX today on the discord group.
"we are currently changing the system and there will be no more newsletters.You will be able to login to simtraxx store and see all new updates and download them as soon as they arrive instead of waiting for newsletters. We will also extend the membership for few months"
I find the constant use of "we" pretty telling, it's not like "Our website guy Tobi is currently doing a recode" or "Our track guy MelikeTrains is working on Transfagarasan", it's always We in every post, unspecific and deflective.

..yes and that has always made me think (I hope to be proven wrong) that what we are dealing with here is some high school dude who found out an easy way to make some extra money. Now that he's grown up a bit he maybe wanted to become more serious about it, but he found out that working.. is hard.

No you have a guy with delusions of being the "premier track building group" for basically all simulations. Problem is he doesn't actually build the tracks and relies on others to "build and add quality". The reality is the market just isn't there to support such a venture. That plus never actually finishing a single project and having 40+ in progress means he never had a chance. I wouldn't ever send them a dime if I were you.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%