PC1 Is Project CARS a simulation? lets vote!

Whats more puzzling is why no proper profiles were created, the community could've helped as that's what they're there for.

If investor talk but developers dont care about it, its the same as if there were no investors.

Money talks, consoles talks, no g27 support for that.

(I like the game, its just that some things for me are like a kick in the a*s when it comes to a 4 years development game, lot of money and resources, comunity of (pc) simracers behind...).

It's the responsibility of all wheel users to check their deadzone with the "wheel check" app since even "identical" wheels can vary considerably in their deadzones! No Pcars presets are going to know your deadzone amounts! This isn't a cure all but it certainly does help some of those forces to be present when setting this up properly.

Last edited:
Not what i saw, there were scores of "not recommended".
anyway, this is another simcade job aka shift3

Perhaps you saw what you wanted to see. Let me help you:

Positive reviews: 1607
Negative reviews: 384

A large proportion of negative reviews are from AMD users, who should be happy enough soon with the new AMD driver release. A shame AMD didn't get more involved. I've had AMD and Nvidia cards. In the future the choice is easy for me.

Anyway Captain Simcade, as you don't own the game it will be increasingly difficult for you to comment on future patches and improvements. Should you choose the purchase the game, rest assured I'll be enjoying that little percentage of your invested money.

Folks,

I believe this topic is to debate something simple like whether Project CARS is a sim, simcade or arcade. Not to trade punches or make any offensive or posts with bad intentions towards someone. Everyone's got an opinion here, some more harsh than others regarding the game, but this is NOT an excuse for, like I just said, the right of making malicious comments towards or run a small rant on someone out on the forums.

Lets keep it friendly or at least keep it light people. I don't need to say what I think about pCars. I don't believe it's a full on simulation game, but it's a sim and an outstanding game on its right.

That being said ladies and gentlemen...carry on the debate.

Cheers.

Anyway Captain Simcade, as you don't own the game it will be increasingly difficult for you to comment on future patches and improvements. Should you choose the purchase the game, rest assured I'll be enjoying that little percentage of your invested money.

Oh we are back to the gloating investor charade again. Insults, name calling and then bragging of your investment potential. :rolleyes:

I tried taking the high road with this guy years ago. He just doesn't get out of the pcars forums. He's got more posts in pcars forum than anyone else - pretty amazing for a guy who doesn't like the game wouldn't you say. Anyway I'm done. 99.9% of this forum is cool - like the game or not it's all cool. You've just got the 1 bad egg who tries to poison things.

I tried taking the high road with this guy years ago. He just doesn't get out of the pcars forums. He's got more posts in pcars forum than anyone else - pretty amazing for a guy who doesn't like the game wouldn't you say. Anyway I'm done. 99.9% of this forum is cool - like the game or not it's all cool. You've just got the 1 bad egg who tries to poison things.
Welcome to the human race :)

No ones an idiot or retarded :)
ffb is a personal taste and varies between every user, the defaults give enough detail to get around the track, the issue is instead of adapting to the default effects the majority want it to feel different or compare the effects to there favorite title and when they cant find it they get frustrated.....thats why they added all these customizable ffb sliders to help eliminate that, plus if they spent all there efforts trying to make every wheel user happy the game would never have been released lol
No matter what sim you run if you look through there forums there will be hundreds of threads named " help i need wheel settings for wheel xxxx"
thats the beauty of having a variety of sims to pick from, everyone gels to a certain sim which doesnt make the ones you dont connect with ****......if you dont like it move on theres no need for us to post bashfull comments :)
You get a like just for your Investor Simcader Status!

It's puzzling how so many new sims are having issues with the g27 upon releases considering thereone of the most popular?
The G27 ships out of the box with a 16% FFB deadzone. That's huge, especially compared to other wheels.

No Pcars presets are going to know your deadzone amounts!
That's just not true. See my comment above. PCARS even adds to this by lowering the default FFB to 85%, which increases the minimum input/FFB deadzone to 33% for the G27! Compare that to AC for instance that has a default G27 profile with a minimum force of 12%. Works great for the G27 straight out of the box. Perfect? Nope, but good enough. So yes, decent defaults will definitely help. Of course you still need to tweak to get it to your preference/perfection.

Though personally I'm expecting/hoping for sims to have something like Wheelcheck built-in in the future...

You've just got the 1 bad egg who tries to poison things.

Show the forum one lie or exaggeration from me in all that time and all those posts???
It's become plain as day that as soon as money got involved, many of the investors gave the community and the modders the ass, iow, you and some of the characters at WMD are nothing but pompous jackasses who redefine truth to suit your investment streams.

Because no one could agree on settings. It was attempted. FFB is a subjective concept. What one person likes, another doesn't.

That's why you could've included multiple set ups from the faster drivers, so 2-3 different profiles, and hey, if someone didn't like any of those, they're certainly free to tweak it themselves, but the base profile sux balls, and I find it odd that something this important wasn't properly attended to.

I quickly tuned a profile myself which gave me solid feel overall, ie, removed some/maybe all the deadzones, but the physics and overall ffb still feel too simple to rate as a high grade sim, even up against something as old as GTL and say the mighty Boss 302 mod.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.7%