is it worth a new gpu?

I decided against the AMD card for various reasons. Stock design was loud and hot back then. Card in general gets hotter compared to the nVidia card and on top of that it uses more power.
New AMD cards (RX 5700 and XT) are more power efficient than Nvidia cards due to the smaller processing node. Their new architecture (RDNA) is also a leap forward in performance per watt. That Powercolour is really well priced and it has an aftermarket cooler so no stock cooler issues. He gets more performance, slightly better power consumption and equal cooling. Cooling is not an issue with decent aftermarket coolers. Just stay clear of the stock cooler and the thick boi and you are fine.

I'm really considering the 5700xt. The comparisons against the RTX cards for the price is shocking. In one YT comparison video, the XT looked like it outperformed the 2080 on the titles they used to demonstrate the differences between 2060, 2070, 2080 and 5700xt
But then do you wait for the rumoured 3000 series GPUs and is AMD waiting for their release before the slap down the 5800xt, or maybe even a 5900 too?
Who knows... but I'm getting to the point where I've already jumped ship from Intel to AMD once and I'm getting itchy feet again with the GPU side of things...

I'm really considering the 5700xt. The comparisons against the RTX cards for the price is shocking. In one YT comparison video, the XT looked like it outperformed the 2080 on the titles they used to demonstrate the differences between 2060, 2070, 2080 and 5700xt
But then do you wait for the rumoured 3000 series GPUs and is AMD waiting for their release before the slap down the 5800xt, or maybe even a 5900 too?
Who knows... but I'm getting to the point where I've already jumped ship from Intel to AMD once and I'm getting itchy feet again with the GPU side of things...
wouldn't wait. Or you wait forever. New Nvidia cards are at least half a year away. They announced the 2080 Ti Super for January next year. AMD is releasing the rx 5500 next so no new beefy toys from AMD until early next year at best.

If you are looking to upgrade for that performance bracket, these are your options.
The RX 5700XT can perform on the same level as a 2080 or 2070 Super but it is far from the norm. Performance per dollar however, it is much better.

Maybe not so on topic but i use a 1080ti system for all my sim racing but just bought a laptop with a 1650 and it plays rF2 and pC2 maxed out in 1080p ! Quite surprised i was .

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.8%