• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Is it possible to customize AI difficulty?

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by FinbarFoley, May 29, 2019.

1. FinbarFoley

FinbarFoley

Ratings:
    +1
    I play with a controller and I need all the assists which means I have to select Novice difficulty. This is fine, except the AI are very slow at this difficulty. I was wondering if it is possible to have the driving aids all on but run the AI at a higher difficulty than novice?

Great site by the way, so much good information!

2. Andrew C. Clegg

Andrew C. Clegg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi FinbarFoley, I use a gamepad and no assists. These are my settings at the moment:-
    Steering sensitivity 27%
    Throttle sensitivity 51%
    Brake sensitivity 51%
    Clutch 20% .
    Steering sensitivity 62%
    In setup:-
    steering 8.00
    Diff power 80 Coast 30
    Brakes F:R 60-40.
    In User Data in Player mode In game options section about a third of the way down Drop AI Corner Grip usage down to about 92 or 93 using notepad.
    Hope that this might help. I use Corner Grip usage to speed up and slow down AI.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Andrew C. Clegg

Andrew C. Clegg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. FinbarFoley

FinbarFoley

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for the information Andrew. I also found a setting in the player.plr file called "AI Driver Strength Boost" and I've found that it allows the usual AI level of 85 on novice to be boosted by whatever amount I put in, so that seems to be working.

Thank you for the controller settings, I run with something similar to you but on my PS3 controller don't have good enough control over the triggers to stop myself from spinning out unless I am being extremely cautious. I will try changing the diff setting though and that might help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.