• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting analysis, what do you think

• Deleted member 197115

It is ACC 1.0.5
I did this test last evening to evaluate WMR performance with my Ryzen 5-2600X and Nvidia' 435.27 driver for Win10.
Looks the same to me, what was the point of moving to different graphics engine that only adds poor performance.

Thirdly, I think one of ACCs bad points he missed is performance. If you have a good PC, ACC runs fine, but for those of us with older PCs (mine is 2.5 years old) it doesn't.

Certainly not the case for me. Mine is 3 years old - 6700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080 and runs ACC really well at 1440p with a full grid with most settings either epic or high. Performance seems to be very system dependent, and surprisingly not always better on new, high-end systems. There must be some hardware/driver/background software combination which is affecting performance. For example, someone on the Kunos forums recently was struggling to run smoothly without stutters at 1080p with an 8700K and an RTX 2080 Ti.

I find there are many similarities with PC2: unripe product and many disappointed expectations.

The difference is that Kunos are actively doing something to improve things.

I don't feel the development of the game was really geared towards the PC. It functions on it, but Its missing on core aspects of PC sims (triples, vr, UI). The resentment mostly comes from that. Console folks will be happy though.

As far as I'm aware, the triples issue is down to support in the Unreal engine rather than a function of the game itself. I don't use VR so can't comment on that other than to say the F1 20XX series doesn't have VR support and seems to be doing well enough without it (and the lack of it gets few mentions in the reviews). I think that VR racers are generally still the minority at the moment. What problems do you have with the UI?

I'd be very surprised if ACC was being geared towards consoles. Unless it defaulted to lower settings generally and the graphics (which are excellent) were dumbed down, I would think that this would bring any current console to it's knees.

Looks the same to me, what was the point of moving to different graphics engine that only adds poor performance.

There is no reason to think UE4 is inherently performing "worse" than AC1 engine. UE4 engine is industry standard and built by hundreds of people that were experts in their field, AC1 engine was built by a couple of Kunos dudes who most likely were not experts in computer game graphics. If UE4 engine was inherently poorly optimized then no game would be using it. If they attempted to run all the new graphics features they have now on the old AC1 engine it would almost certainly run worse than ACC.

• Deleted member 197115

There is no reason to think UE4 is inherently performing "worse" than AC1 engine. UE4 engine is industry standard and built by hundreds of people that were experts in their field, AC1 engine was built by a couple of Kunos dudes who most likely were not experts in computer game graphics. If UE4 engine was inherently poorly optimized then no game would be using it. If they attempted to run all the new graphics features they have now on the old AC1 engine it would almost certainly run worse than ACC.
Huh?

I'd be very surprised if ACC was being geared towards consoles.
Consoles are the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They are certainly gearing towards a console release and all the menus in the game kind of point to that fact.

UE4 is probably more compatible with the consoles than anything Kunos could produce.

Kunos is took into the entertainment spiral.
You make money (fortnite, Electronic arts,...) or you die.

They began with only one or to people as independent with netkar namie. Then just a little bigger with netkar pro.
Then came assetto corsa and (financial ? ?) Success.
They they went sold to another structure which want his own part of the gains, and they are a lot bigger.
It means money to pay the wages, commercial, licences,.....

20 people means about 1000000 euro or even more wages (social insurance,...) per year in europe. Are they more or less than that ?
Only that means at least 100000 copie assetto corsa or 33000 copie acc.
Every year, plus company taxes, fix expenses, travel, licences, commercials, ..?

They need console release. I suppose it is about necessary. Or assetto corsa should keep on selling at the same pace until they reach the same sale amount with acc (assetto corsa 1.4 million sales since release including console in 6 years)
I may be wrong of course, but the business is hard.

Assetto corsa price is currently 7 euro on steam

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Stefano hinted a while back possibility of porting some physics improvement to AC at a later time, obviously team is up to ears busy with ACC at the moment.
But with current state of modded AC, it's a touchy subject.

When information about ACC started coming out and we were told that modding might not be actively supported but they don't mind people figuring it out I didn't imagine that we are sitting here post-release not even being able to change skins.

that's how SimBin's "Race" started out in 2006, as a non-moddable WTCC game (you could play against a ghost doing last season's pole time on every track, nice feature) with only the cars and tracks of the WTCC and two (?) support series. A year and many community uproars later it was called Race07 and fully moddable. And: it is still around (well, sort of).

ACC never had the pick numbers of original Assetto Corsa. And what is worse is that AC have more people playing today than ACC.

AC is old, a product from 2013 or 2014 and still is more appealing than ACC.

It is obvious to me, Kunos have to learn something from this.

ACC now seems to me some kind of Race from Simbin, the game that begins the decline of SimBin. Hope that not happens with Kunos.

Kunos already knew they would get less customers with ACC, for now, than AC.
For me ACC is a more refinement, an evolution of what AC is. That makes it more appealing at least for me.
I do not know what Kunos have to learn from this? They got a great opportunity from Blancpain to build the next generation simulator. Without it, probably we would not have right now other title from Kunos.

When you go back and read the sheer number of post here, you really can't help but shake your head.
Some folks really seem to have difficulty accepting other people's decisions.
Its not like KS released ACC and then went... "Oh by the way, you can't mod our simulation software".
They made it crystal clear from the very beginning.
As an end-user, everybody then had the option of saying YES or NO to purchase.
Trying to bully them... despite them telling people why the Blancpain licensing doesn't allow it, is like arguing with a two year old.
AC is still there...still very active and it is very 'moddable'...go drive that if you want mods.
How hard can it be?

Stefano hinted a while back possibility of porting some physics improvement to AC at a later time, ....
It would be very nice, but I have many doubts because bringing the improvements obtained in ACC to AC would require a lot of work on all cars/mods.
If I were them, I would remain focused on ACC improvements .... and then, at the right time, I would switch to AC2.

• Deleted member 197115

May be not vanilla, but with CSP and SOL AC does look even better than ACC, esp in VR.
And performance is stunning.
You did a superb job with your in house build engine, too bad that now all your hard work is jeopardized by 3rd party engine choice.
May be things should get worse before they get better.
Thanks again for AC, still a true masterpiece.
:thumbsup:

As for crushes and bad optimisation, I don't really get what people are complaining about. I play on a gaming laptop with 1060 and i7, connected to the monitor, and do not have any crushes and fps drops. The game always maintains steady 60 fps with 30 people online
"Breaking news" Bludyshev discusses "crushes" on the BBC and tells us all some useless information.

ps, what are "crushes"? :D:rolleyes:

But thanks for the info any way.:thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes