DiRT Rally Is Dirt Rally close to RBR's physics/FFB now?

I just installed rsrbr to try to remember what it was and damn... it looks older than I remember it and feels older too... like playing GPL or GP4 instead of pcars or AC because of a better physics...

I tried some car setups currently in DR and figured that most of the defaults sux hard... for example fiesta wrc diff. was tuned for very stable braking and too much understeer and slow turn in after tweak it a little it become waaay better..I guess other cars are similar.

So what about the things they learned with the PP cars? Are those ever coming to the rally cars? Are the PP cars ever going to get fixed? Are the things they learned from RX going to replace the things they learned from the PP cars or are those going to work alongside each other?

I tried watching one of those dirt shows one time, I'll never get that hour back. :( Spent the first few mins answering questions (well at least reading the questions) from diehard fanboys asking what the dev's favorite pizza is and whatnot. Any question that was worth something was given a vague and general answer. It felt more like a little bonus for their diehard followers than something to inform anyone interested in their game.

One thing that still bugs me about the FFB is how light/dead it gets when power sliding/drifting or even when the car understeers. I would think there's still forces that are acting on the steering.

Someone said that the FFB isn't coming directly from the steering rack (Like Assetto Corsa) so sadly we'll probably never get the same high quality FFB as we have from Kunos.

I was a RBR addict for years and I still love it.
When I first tested DR with the Rally Cross cars I thought it was just fancy looking with console pysics. But when I tried the rally part of DR I found the handling to be totaly diffrent and way better.

Then I tried driving the Pikes Peak cars and thought WOW this is f.... awesome.
It sounds fantastic, looks fantastic and drives like RBR and the force feedback is awesome too, perhaps one of the best ever. ( iRacing and AC can learn a thing or two from the FF menu )

RBR is perhaps more hardcore, in the code, but I really don't care since I don't feel much difference when I'm driving. (The Pikes Peak cars that is.) Dirt Rally is the best thing since RBR and its damn close in the driving department and knocks it out of the park in graphics and sound. I love it.

And then again, Kunos does simulate some effects that you don't get through the wheel normally, to help feel the car.

Well, the have to ofcourse. If all forces we could feel came from the steering rack only, it would be really numb as you don't get that much of action from the wheel IRL apart from centering forces.
We would all need motion rigs to feel weight shifting, curbs etc.

Msportdan, I feel like the poster above yours just has some axe to grind against Dirt Rally. Every point brought up in defence of Dirt Rally is met with painful egotistical passive-aggressiveness by him. Might as well just stick to driving real cars if you look down on anyone who doesn't drive your way or 'sim' as the he puts it

Last edited:
Wow -This forum is soo sexist !

Only men can be rude ? - What century are you living in ?

Sorry -Gender is now corrected.

I actually enjoy DR very much and think it have great potential but it doesn't top RBR.....yet !

I also live in a democratic society where I have the right to an opinion and that is very much why they call it Early Access so the users can have their say.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.