iRacing Ovals

Ok so ever since I put in all those hours and laps for the RDiR Indy 500. Been slowly putting a bit more practice into Oval Racing. After getting 100% content today, drove a bit in the Silver Crown and Sprint Car (insanely difficult lol). Seeing that I'm a Class D license decided to practice with the Late Model and SK Modified. Just finished running a bunch of laps with Joe in the Late Model at Concord and I must say... THIS IS A BLAST!! Wow! It's alot harder than it looks too. But putting in the time and practice makes it soooo much fun!

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Untitled-1-8.jpg

Thanks again for the laps Joe! Fun stuff :)

Anytime my friend! It's always alot more fun to run iRacing even in practices with everyone here from RD. I think I'm a racing addict, as I like them all ovals and road and I'm not suppose to be doing either yet... hahaha The wife keeps telling me and I keep having a wicked sore hand but I think the only way this could be better is to be doing it in real life.

What you all dont see from these shots is the Demolition derby that progressed at the end of the session... lol... Great stuff!!!

Abdul, Will and I were just in a open practice session with other people. It wasn't a hosted session.

I really really really, need to learn how to set these cars up. Not just the ovals but all of the road cars as well.

Oh, sure, that's what I need! Someone to tempt me over to the dark side! I have to say that watching some of these promo videos for the tire model have gotten me a lot more interested in oval than I ever was in the past. I guess that's door-to-door racing, for sure.

With the right people its a real blast and not as easy as it looks. Can be very frustrating to though :)

Oh, sure, that's what I need! Someone to tempt me over to the dark side! I have to say that watching some of these promo videos for the tire model have gotten me a lot more interested in oval than I ever was in the past. I guess that's door-to-door racing, for sure.

I picked up oval racing (after Rookie) with the Silverado and the Dallara. Both are a lot of fun. I find that with setups that I picked up from the forum the Dallara is quite easy to handle. The Silverado is a little more difficult, since the car is more heavy and suffer much more from tyre wear (or so it seems).

My first hint for those who are looking at the setup sheets: Check your Cross Weight and your Tyre Pressures. They tell you the most. Less cross weight is better turn in (and more spin risk).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back