iRacing news: new car, tracks, telemetry and more

Steve Myers, the Executive Vice President and Executive Producer at iRacing.com has posted some news of upcoming builds and future plans for iRacing on his blog. He talks of new cars including the new Ford GT and Nationwide series cars as well as news tracks such as Okayama which will be released free of charge. He also talks about Suzuka, Oulton Park and Interlagos.

Steve has mentioned new graphics optimizations that have been made to enable the building of Suzuka's tunnel/bridge crossover section. They are still working on Oulton Park and Mosport Oval but plan on starting the laser scanning of Interlagos late March with a view to having the track ready by the end of the year.
okayama.jpg

suzuka.jpg
Also mentioned is a new plugin to allow telemetry data to be sent to an as yet unannounced third party data logging application which should prove very popular. There will be new hosting options too allowing for a 'Heat Racing' option where a hosted race admin can link events together so that an admin can advance players to a new session based on results from previous sessions.
fordGT.jpg
Steve also talks about an achievement system and Facebook style integrated chat on the iRacing site as well as much much more which you can read about here.

Was a good read was that.

I'd say the future looks bright when Steve had this to say in his article......

You would be amazed at how many phone calls or emails I get now from tracks in particular who want to be included in our service.

The 'Heat Racing' also sounds interesting, especially where Club or League races are concerned, as it appears that the administrator can actually set a grid manually. This may open up the potential for grid penalties from previous races or as a handicap for faster drivers by moving them back a number of grid slots to start further down the field to add a bit of spice to races, lol.

Also plenty of free stuff coming our way (Okayama, Mosport Oval and the JR Motorsports Nationwide car.

Onward and upward.

Was a good read was that.

I'd say the future looks bright when Steve had this to say in his article......

You would be amazed at how many phone calls or emails I get now from tracks in particular who want to be included in our service.

The 'Heat Racing' also sounds interesting, especially where Club or League races are concerned, as it appears that the administrator can actually set a grid manually. This may open up the potential for grid penalties from previous races or as a handicap for faster drivers by moving them back a number of grid slots to start further down the field to add a bit of spice to races, lol.

Also plenty of free stuff coming our way (Okayama, Mosport Oval and the JR Motorsports Nationwide car.

Onward and upward.

Yeah it sounds like iRacing is really starting to get noticed which is great for us the customers. That 'Heat Racing' does have a lot of potential, like you say it could allow for grid penalties but also for qualifying sessions to be held on a different day to the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back