iRacing | Mazda MX5 Cup Car: New Damage Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing are on a role of late, with their latest and greatest preview video showcasing a rather tasty looking damage model implementation for the popular MX5 Cup car within the game.
  • The Mazda MX5 Cup to receive damage model update soon.
  • More damage model updates to be added in the coming months.
  • New patch expected to be included within the upcoming build release.

The work over at iRacing HQ continues at an impressive pace it seems, with the American development team dropping another surprising new preview video onto the internet - this time showcasing a fully reworked and updated damage model coming to the small and mighty Mazda MX5 Cup car within the title.

Anyone even half familiar with the iRacing simulation will have plenty of experience behind the virtual wheel of the MX5 Cup, as the little open cockpit touring car has formed part of the staple rookie content selection within the simulation since pretty much the beginning of recorded time.

With the rookie classes often producing pretty... interesting driving standards, it should be fun having to dodge the many flying wheels and body panels laying round the circuit when you fire up the title post release. Interesting being a generous way of putting it..!

No exact release date for the new build has been shared with the community yet, however the betting money is on a deployment sometime within the next couple of weeks - stay tuned!

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Want to join in with the discussion about this popular online racing title? Worry not, head over to the iRacing Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the action today!

iRacing Header.jpg

Attachments

• iRacing Footer.jpg
    iRacing Footer.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
dunno, i did 29 races there this season and was only punted off once in the global challenge and was once hit by an errant wheel thx to the new damage model on the skip barber. other than that it was fair and clean.

I've had mostly good experiences as well, but for some reason every time there is a thread about iRacing the peanut gallery feels that it is their duty to tell those of us who enjoy iRacing and are interested in the thread why we shouldn't like iRacing anymore.

It's a broken record every time.

I've had mostly good experiences as well, but for some reason every time there is a thread about iRacing the peanut gallery feels that it is their duty to tell those of us who enjoy iRacing and are interested in the thread why we shouldn't like iRacing anymore.

It's a broken record every time.

Yeah, seems to be a simracer disease to smash every other sim you are not familiar with.
Toxic community.

If you have been living under a rock... Just for your information, physical damage have been in arcade racing games for a super long time.
Here's some info regarding the difference between damage in arcade games compared to this.

Last edited:
How many years before the whole lot have damage, most likely none as they won't implement it on all cars

" We’ll be busy updating all our cars and all our track objects. We need to update everything in the iRacing service before we can release since there are too many changes for the old and new systems to co-exist. "

Since these are incompatible systems, it appears that we are going to see a lot arrive at the exact same time.

Last edited:
" We’ll be busy updating all our cars and all our track objects. We need to update everything in the iRacing service before we can release since there are too many changes for the old and new systems to co-exist. "

Since these are incompatible systems, it appears that we are going to see a lot arrive at the exact same time.

This comment that you quoted is out of date. They have made changes to their underlying system so that they are able to release the NDM peace meal. That is why the skippy, F3, GT1 cars, etc... are on the NDM but others are not. It will take a while but I think it’s the right way to do it; this way they are able debug and concentrate on one series at a time instead of trying to debug their entire content library which is pretty big now- bigger than any other sim out there... by far. (In regards to 1st party content).

Yeah, seems to be a simracer disease to smash every other sim you are not familiar with.
Toxic community.

I also have copies of AC, ACC, PC2, Kart Kraft, DR 1.0, and DR 2.0.

For the last year I've only played iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 because "I" enjoy them the most.

Why don't I don't feel the need to complain about the titles I have that are collecting dust or the titles I don't own? Could it be that I'm content and enjoying what I have?

I know a lot of people here LOVE AC and that is great. We have busy forums full of people making mods for AC and it's great that so many people enjoy that game. I have nothing against AC and have zero interest in trashing a game so many people love. What's the point? People race sims for enjoyment. Why would I try to ruin that for someone else?

I also have copies of AC, ACC, PC2, Kart Kraft, DR 1.0, and DR 2.0.

For the last year I've only played iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 because "I" enjoy them the most.

Why don't I don't feel the need to complain about the titles I have that are collecting dust or the titles I don't own? Could it be that I'm content and enjoying what I have?

I know a lot of people here LOVE AC and that is great. We have busy forums full of people making mods for AC and it's great that so many people enjoy that game. I have nothing against AC and have zero interest in trashing a game so many people love. What's the point? People race sims for enjoyment. Why would I try to ruin that for someone else?

You obviously have not driven the grassmower in AC.

I have a feeling the grass has been tuned a bit. If you watch Jimmy Broadbent's preview of the new content you see him go off on the grass at T1 at Lime Rock in the reworked McLaren F1. He seems to be able to stop/turn the car before hitting the tyre barriers. At the moment going off there equals instant death in the tyre barrier.
That was about time, to make sure people don't cut make the grass & gravel stick, not turn them in to ice.
Been complaining about it with a bunch of other clients.
Hope it payed off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back