iRacing | Hotfix Time!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have released a new hotfix for their latest big 2020 Season 2 build deployed recently to the simulation.

In traditional iRacing style, the hotfix comes quickly on the heals of the recent major build update for the simulation, and contains a nice mix of both retrospective amendments following the last build, and some new goodies and changes for players to enjoy.

You can check out the full hotfix update notes below, available to download now.

iRacing Hotfix Update Notes

Rendering

• Reduced sparkling effects from lights at night.
Broadcast Mode
  • Fixed an issue where headlights could have a ghostly bloom appearance in broadcast mode.
  • Fixed an issue with shadows at night while in broadcast mode.
  • Fixed an issue where low-resolution particles and post-processing effects were freeing and recreating render targets every frame when split-screen broadcast mode is enabled. This may have been impacting performance speed.
Cars

HPD ARX-01c

• Baseline setup has been updated.
NASCAR Cup Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
  • Aerodynamics while in traffic has been adjusted.
NASCAR Cup Ford Mustang
NASCAR Cup Toyota Camry
Tracks

Lånkebanen (Hell RX)

• Improved normal (bump) map for gravel area edges.

iRacing is available exclusively on PC.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, pop down to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment and ask our community!

iRacing Hotfix Update.jpg

Last edited:
Shame they still hold onto this business model. Either let people buy cars and content to race AI without membership or let the membership gain access to all content. It's frustrating to see the monopoly they have in sim racing...
What monopoly? There is tons of sims offering that offline functionality. iRacing just did a really good job, nobody is forcing you to (p)lay it.

Quit a bit of news coming from iracing this past week....since the hotfix realease ;)

eNascar @ Homestead which was broadcasted on FS1 drew 903,000 views....sounds like more races will be organized and broadcasted.

The 90 mins of IMSA was a success and John Doonan president of IMSA is considering more events.

Australian V8 Supercars have inked a deal with iracing to run a series with there RL drivers.

Tag Heuer has inked a deal with iracing and will be the official sponsor of the "Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup” and the series prize pool will increase to US$200,000 for the upcoming season.

Kudos to iracing for organizing all these events in such a short time frame!

The only thing that is criticisable here(IMO) is that none of the other racing sim companies are looking to go all in to this "Replace RL racing with virtual racing while the corona thing is keeping people at home".

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: "Go all in" are the key words here. Because some of the other companies admittedly does try a bit half hearted to get a slice of the cake. :sneaky:

The only thing that is criticisable here(IMO) is that none of the other racing sim companies are looking to go all in to this "Replace RL racing with virtual racing while the corona thing is keeping people at home".

It takes time, manpower and money to organise these events and I suspect iRacing has much more of these than most of the other dev studios.

So, i was away from iRacing for months and i have some question,
1. How is the AI? just fast while ignoring the real players on the racing line like some of the other sims/games
2. is AI available for all courses and all cars now? or still just Porsche cup for road courses and also some ovals? can i run the IR18 at indianapolis with some AI for practice?

F_B

Premium
1. How is the AI? just fast while ignoring the real players on the racing line like some of the other sims/games
2. is AI available for all courses and all cars now? or still just Porsche cup for road courses and also some ovals? can i run the IR18 at indianapolis with some AI for practice?

1. Imo the AI is very good already.
Have a look at two videos where I race the AI:

There's of course still plenty of room to improve. But considering that AI is just available since Dec '19 it's very good.

2. Unfortunately not all the content is available yet. They release cars and tracks bit by bit.
They have the Porsche Cup, Skip Barber, F3, Audi TCR and Porsche Cayman GT4 as road cars available right now if I remember correctly.

It takes time, manpower and money to organise these events and I suspect iRacing has much more of these than most of the other dev studios.
Yeah maybe I was a bit too harsh - because I have allready seen Raceroom when you start the game up make some flashy advertising for a race where some socalled VIP drivers will participate.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Personally a bit disappointed of the chosen class - because the cars are the usual suspects the GT3 or something like that. :rolleyes:
But anyway better than nothing.:sneaky:

EDIT: Just checked. Its called WTCR races.
Hehe but I guess its still the same usual suspects :roflmao:

wtcr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

...a track chosen by fans...let me guess....Watkins Glen ? (the most raced on iracing)
PS : the new aeroscreen is now on the IR18, and it's gorgeous !!!! ..a bit weird onboard (it's recomanded to adjust a bit "upper" the view)
Edit : I've just read the article, the choice is between the glen (what a surprise^^) and Michigan ...so, ok, it'll be the glen, as we all suppose ;)
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes time, manpower and money to organise these events and I suspect iRacing has much more of these
I think it is rather the solid massive online structure they have built over the past decade that helps them now. It probably also helps that they have a huge marketing advantage since they have been around for so long that even some casual gamers know who they are and what they do, while a name like ACC or RRE or AMS2 probably will not get much response from your average video gamer. But it is difficult for me - sitting inside the bubble - to judge the impression from outside. Solid numbers (market research) would help. The companies have them, all of them, but they all have their individual reasons not to share them with the public, why should they?

Porsche Cup, Skip Barber, Audi TCR, Porsche GT4, Mazda Mx5, Dallara F3 and the current NASCAR Cup cars. So far, 15 tracks have been released, 13 road, 2 oval, though most only run one of the many configurations possible.
Still ways to go, but I agree with people above, the gameplay is very very good.

1. Imo the AI is very good already.
Have a look at two videos where I race the AI:

There's of course still plenty of room to improve. But considering that AI is just available since Dec '19 it's very good.

2. Unfortunately not all the content is available yet. They release cars and tracks bit by bit.
They have the Porsche Cup, Skip Barber, F3, Audi TCR and Porsche Cayman GT4 as road cars available right now if I remember correctly.

Thank you for the reply
Your post and videos were fairy enough to make me renew subscription and test the AI, fortunately i had F3,Porsche cup and the little Audi and 4 of the compatible tracks for AI. so the last night was a long night lol too much AI testing :D my dog is blaming you for having an only short walkie last night:roflmao:

you guys using that "don't hit me" button (not the exact name but with that meaning:D) or that would be way artificial? i mean in F3 the AI cars keep touching my wheels (while i'm holding my line) and sending me to the moon as the wheels collide, this issue is present only in F3 as the other cars (Porsche cup and Audi) have side panels to protect the wheels, so the rubbing would be ok.
I had only the issue above, still need to fine tune AI level between their ability to get a good standing start but not very fast lap times :D
Again thank you for your contribution:thumbsup:

*I did the test at Road America and Nurburgring at 110 AI level, tonight will be Brands:D

Porsche Cup, Skip Barber, Audi TCR, Porsche GT4, Mazda Mx5, Dallara F3 and the current NASCAR Cup cars. So far, 15 tracks have been released, 13 road, 2 oval, though most only run one of the many configurations possible.
Still ways to go, but I agree with people above, the gameplay is very very good.
Thank you so much, i would love to test NASCAR ovals but at this time i only have the K&N Pro cars , need to practice on them more before jumping in a NASCAR cup class :D Making the IR18 compatible with AI will be my near wish, i love driving it in iRacing.

Thank you so much, i would love to test NASCAR ovals but at this time i only have the K&N Pro cars , need to practice on them more before jumping in a NASCAR cup class :D Making the IR18 compatible with AI will be my near wish, i love driving it in iRacing.
Ovals are really lagging behind and I guess with the sudden focus on eSports, we will have to wait till summer to get any more AI stuff delivered. I did my first nonAI event in the new Dallara with that jetfighter cockpit, sure makes for quite a change. I was easily the slowest chap on my grid at Texas but still came home 7th because players had even more problems than usual adjusting their line to others' lines (this is putting it mildly :) ) I would also totally love to see those in AI, all my other oval cars are dated, so I won't be doing my beloved NASCAR 4 Papyrus oval races again for yet another year or two ...

Also seriously I can remember from my very few oval intermezzos that it looks like there is a lot of drivers even when they see something is going to happen (like a car out of control approaching them) just stubbornly holding their line and then when wrecked are yelling to others that it was their fault.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: This is/was way more often on ovals than in road series(IMO) :sneaky:

F_B

Premium
Also seriously I can remember from my very few oval intermezzos that it looks like there is a lot of drivers even when they see something is going to happen (like a car out of control approaching them) just stubbornly holding their line and then when wrecked are yelling to others that it was their fault.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: This is/was way more often on ovals than in road series(IMO) :sneaky:

Yes, there's a lot more redneck mentality in the oval series than in the road series.

Yeah thats exactly the word I looked for to describe it :thumbsup:
And I also remember that the running comments from drivers while the race was going on was also quite different than the more reasonable short comments from drivers in road races.
Hehe but there is/was also exceptions:roflmao:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.9%