iRacing | Hotfix Time!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have released a new hotfix for their latest big 2020 Season 2 build deployed recently to the simulation.

In traditional iRacing style, the hotfix comes quickly on the heals of the recent major build update for the simulation, and contains a nice mix of both retrospective amendments following the last build, and some new goodies and changes for players to enjoy.

You can check out the full hotfix update notes below, available to download now.

iRacing Hotfix Update Notes

Rendering

• Reduced sparkling effects from lights at night.
Broadcast Mode
  • Fixed an issue where headlights could have a ghostly bloom appearance in broadcast mode.
  • Fixed an issue with shadows at night while in broadcast mode.
  • Fixed an issue where low-resolution particles and post-processing effects were freeing and recreating render targets every frame when split-screen broadcast mode is enabled. This may have been impacting performance speed.
Cars

HPD ARX-01c

• Baseline setup has been updated.
NASCAR Cup Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
  • Aerodynamics while in traffic has been adjusted.
NASCAR Cup Ford Mustang
NASCAR Cup Toyota Camry
Tracks

Lånkebanen (Hell RX)

• Improved normal (bump) map for gravel area edges.

iRacing is available exclusively on PC.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, pop down to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment and ask our community!

iRacing Hotfix Update.jpg

Last edited:
The world is broken and iracing’s bussiness model is close to an end for the crisis ahead.Their greedy model won’t last the virus in my opinion, sorry.

Have you any evidence for that assertion?The facts are that at peak time 9pm GMT there used to be approx.6000 players online before coronavirus.There was 12000 last night so that is totally at odds with your theory.
Iracing is expensive & it is not the perfect sim so its not for everyone.ACC is probably superior in many areas.
Its going to be a boom time for all sims & there are a lot of different business models out there.The amount of resources available for developers will be huge.It is an exciting time for all sims so I hope they are all successful,Enjoy them all instead of wishing for some kind of failure.

I am amazed by the looks of iR right now. Graphics has become really impressive. Broadcasting does truly look amazing. Besides graphics, kinematics of cars appears very realistic. Also good sounds adds up nicely as well. Seems like will inevitably have to resub some time. As much of a steal it is to have to buy content, and then to have to pay additionaly to use it, at least they really make use of that money by making decent improvement to iRacing. Another unfortunate thing is that variety of cars is poor to guy like me, but I guess thats the story of smracing... only stuff that holds advertisment irl at the present. Not even GT40... Americans.

So tired of people complaining about their pay model. If you don't like it, don't play. The fact is they have more active users every week than any other sim by at least 3x and it's growing.

They just signed a deal to broadcast NASCAR and IndyCar races on Fox Networks using iRacing.

I regularly see Lando Norris, Max Verstappen and dozens of other pro drivers racing on iRacing. There's a reason all the big names are here. The quality is high and the sim provides a good foundation for solid racing. Is it expensive? Yeah, it can be if you're not smart but I'd much rather pay $15 for a track that is laser scanned and of top quality than some of the trash that other sims have put out lately and still charged top dollar for.

If you don't like it, don't play.

Successfully doing that for almost two years.

By the way, just had to disable autosubscription few months later. Totally missed that, its my fault. I know autosubscriptions are considered normal by many normal people. I totally hate autosubscribtions idea, and I can not think of it as a normal thing.

RCHeliguy

Premium
Have you any evidence for that assertion?The facts are that at peak time 9pm GMT there used to be approx.6000 players online before coronavirus.There was 12000 last night so that is totally at odds with your theory.
Iracing is expensive & it is not the perfect sim so its not for everyone.ACC is probably superior in many areas.
Its going to be a boom time for all sims & there are a lot of different business models out there.The amount of resources available for developers will be huge.It is an exciting time for all sims so I hope they are all successful,Enjoy them all instead of wishing for some kind of failure.

That's much more in keeping with what I expected to see. If anything lots of people stuck at home for long periods of time should lead to an increase in their user base and revenue.

There is also a money inversion issue whenever there is a financial downturn. Premium products tend to be safe. A financial downturn would be more likely to hurt new Grand Turismo and Forza sales than it would be to hurt iRacing subscriptions. This is across all markets. I'm not suggesting no impact, but the impact is almost always inverted with less expensive products suffering the most.

D

Deleted member 617659

• Deleted member 617659

Wait for the crisis ahead... Well, we won't have to wait much to enjoy it. Probably rich countries will suffer it less than others, but every us will have busy times ahead.

Where does the money come from if you don't go to work, or if you lose your work? Iracing is useless, and expensive. Let's see what happens in the next year.

RCHeliguy

Premium
The Flu has taken out about 12,000 people in the US this flu season. That's over a 5 month span. So 2,400 people in the US died each month.

There are 331 million people in the US. Because of how contagious Corona is, they are expected between 40-60% of our population will catch it eventually.

That's 132 million to 197 million people who will get Corona in the US compared to 15 million for the flu.

So they expect 10 times as many people will be catching Corona and it is 10-20 times more deadly than the flu that works out to 1.2 to 2.4 MILLION deaths and that is ASSUMING we have adequate medical care. When we run out of beds that figure increases.

So even if this turns out to be better than initial reports, the mortuaries will be overflowing.

Not only that but it is affecting healthy people. There are already hospitals that are starting to turn away partners for child birth. Soon it will be hard to get regular care.

The economy is definitely in the toilet. I'm investing in the S&P and following it down and it has been going down a lot.

All that horrible news aside, iRacing will be less affected than many other sims because of the demographic. I'm not saying it won't be affected, but they are positioned better.

All that horrible news aside, iRacing will be less affected than many other sims because of the demographic. I'm not saying it won't be affected, but they are positioned better.
If the internet is not impared itself then much online activity like MP gaming will probably be less impaired by peoples economy - because they are forced to only get together via the net because of the quarantine.

But there are allready some reasonable realistic forecasts that predicts that the net and electricity itself can be impaired in in a lot of countries.
Impaired the same way as the health services is seen impaired - because the people working to keep such services running themselves get infected.

Example: Part of the reason the italian healthsystem is more or less broken down is because so many of the doctors and nurses themselves are becomming infected.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

When racing the AI, is it like R3E, you only have access to drive the content you bought but the grid is filled with all the content available for that particular series?
...it's a bit different, it works on "series model" ...I mean, if you have 0 nascar car, so you cannot use nascar AI, but if you got 1 (of the 3) car, you could race against the 3 ...
For standalone cars, you have to bought it to race against (on AI, I mean)
@++

The world is broken and iracing’s bussiness model is close to an end for the crisis ahead.Their greedy model won’t last the virus in my opinion, sorry.

Where I live, two or three nice dinners out for two adults costs more than a year's worth of iRacing (depending on how many series you run and how many tracks you have to buy vs. how many adult beverages you drink, lol). Those damn greedy restaurant owners! And the greedy waiters, always expecting a tip too!

And don't get me started on greedy real life track owners and how they won't let me drive their track for free. How dare they!

IRacing does not have a greedy model. They have a service that is well maintained and costs money to run. You can test it for very little cash and if you like it, you can subscribe. If you don't, don't. That isn't greedy, it's business. They choose to operate on the high end of the sim spectrum. If all they are doing is raking in huge, greedy profit, why do you think there are not more competitors offering the same service after 10 years of iRacing?

This lack of real motorsport and the work from home initiatives are working out really well for iRacing, over 15,000 online and massive publicity. It just keeps getting better! :)
And Fox Sports broadcasting 90 minutes of iRacing to millions this afternoon could very well result in another huge membership increase over the next few days.

The VRS GT series was splitting 10x last night, and this afternoon, a rookie MX-5 Cup timeslot split 41x (~492 drivers)!

I've never seen anything like that before.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000