iRacing - hosted GT3 Club Races - Sundays @ 9:00am EST

OP has been edited - sessions are now two hours:). Sessions require password which I will post the day of the race.

These RD club races are casual events I am hosting for the purpose of providing the opportunity to race using the iRacing service but without the pressure of worrying about iRating and Safety Rating. The majority of the tracks will be base content but there will be some of the more popular paid tracks mixed in as well. All skill levels are welcome to join in and race. Please race respectfully and have fun.

Two Hour Sessions: 1 hour practice, 15 minute quali (single car, 4 laps), 45 minute race. Race fuel limited to 46 percent. You will have to pit so use the time in practice sessions to find your stall. There are also 2 fast repairs available.

Session requires password which I will post up here on the morning of the race.
Password = Senna

The cars:
BMW Z4 GT3
McLaren MP4 12C GT3
RUF RT12R Track
Ford GT3 GT3

Sunday December 27th, 2015 @ 9:00 am EST - Okayama International (base content)

Sunday January 3rd, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Daytona circa 2007 (base content)

Sunday January 10th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Spa (paid content)

Sunday January 17th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Laguna Seca (base content)

Sunday January 31st, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Summit Point (base content)

Sunday February 7th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Interlagos (paid content)

Last edited:
I'd say give it a chance. But in the end of the day, if you're not having fun with it - there are a lot of other options, just not with the MP component iRacing has. Pick the brains here for the physics questions, as you may be able to dial in what the problem is and really enjoy what it has to offer. In my opinion all the sims I've tried are pretty darn good at making it feel like you're driving a car. If I had to pick on iRacing I think it's just a little more subtle with what the car is telling you. I like that too tho makes me really focus (or not and crash), but like FFB settings everyone has their favorite.

Race at Summit Point is still on. I will be missing this week due to having run the iRacing 24 hours at Daytona. I've got my fill ...for now. Enjoy the race. Let me know if you will be missing this one and if turnout is low I can push it till next week. Thanks guys.

I didn't cancel the session so it went as planned. Last thing I wanted to do was have someone show up and not find the race. If you guys like we could run Summit Point again next week. I'm guessing the turnout today was low. Please post up if you would attend a rerun of Summit Point. Thanks.

Was good fun, despite my weird start. Lesson learned: if you forget to switch your setups - just run the race. Once gridded, I tried to switch them out and thought - OK, I can start from the pits no biggie. But had to wait to be *towed* AFTER the green flag waved. By the time I made it back to pits was already a lap down.

Thanks for waiting up for me David - didn't quite catch what you said so thought you were on your pit stop. Even after my fouled start and Gerardo's disconnect we still had some close racing. See you at Interlagos.

I am not sure I can race today. We have a stomach bug/illness going through the house. Right now, my wife has it so I've got to help her out today. It was a rough night. The session is set up so I hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea