iRacing - hosted GT3 Club Races - Sundays @ 9:00am EST

OP has been edited - sessions are now two hours:). Sessions require password which I will post the day of the race.

These RD club races are casual events I am hosting for the purpose of providing the opportunity to race using the iRacing service but without the pressure of worrying about iRating and Safety Rating. The majority of the tracks will be base content but there will be some of the more popular paid tracks mixed in as well. All skill levels are welcome to join in and race. Please race respectfully and have fun.

Two Hour Sessions: 1 hour practice, 15 minute quali (single car, 4 laps), 45 minute race. Race fuel limited to 46 percent. You will have to pit so use the time in practice sessions to find your stall. There are also 2 fast repairs available.

Session requires password which I will post up here on the morning of the race.
Password = Senna

The cars:
BMW Z4 GT3
McLaren MP4 12C GT3
RUF RT12R Track
Ford GT3 GT3

Sunday December 27th, 2015 @ 9:00 am EST - Okayama International (base content)

Sunday January 3rd, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Daytona circa 2007 (base content)

Sunday January 10th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Spa (paid content)

Sunday January 17th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Laguna Seca (base content)

Sunday January 31st, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Summit Point (base content)

Sunday February 7th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Interlagos (paid content)

Last edited:
You may want to take a look at Lightworks (http://www.lwks.com).
Professional editing software for free. :)
The freeware version is limited to YouTube format (that is, 1280x720 .flv), anything else requires payment.
It does things a little differently than e.g. Sony Vegas, and it's not as intuitive.
But there are literally hours of tutorials on YouTube and once you wrap your head around how it works, it's extremely powerful.
Not to mention that it renders files around six times faster than Vegas does. ;)

Wow. Thanks for the tip, the software looks really good. The export limit to YouTube/Vimeo is not really a downer but 720P may be - but I could never tell the difference between 720 and 1080 anyway... :)

Wow. Thanks for the tip, the software looks really good. The export limit to YouTube/Vimeo is not really a downer but 720P may be - but I could never tell the difference between 720 and 1080 anyway... :)
Setting the bitrate up can help with that a little, then youtube does what it wants with it. I have a wide screen monitor, so automatically my videos get upscalled to 2K resolution on youtube but 1080p is good for me.

That was fun. :D
More of a learning-experience than an actual race in my case.
As it turns out, knowing how to set up a pit-stop in advance is probably a good idea. :whistling:
Fumbled around with the menus trying to figure out how to get my pit-crew to actually do anything, and then the game froze.
Had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to the task-manager, then alt-tab back in.
End result was I spent around 8-10 seconds in the pit doing absolutely sod-all. ;)
Ah well, it's not as if I as ever going to be competitive at Spa anyway. Couldn't do a fast lap there if my life depended on it.

One thing though. I'm usually pretty good at identifying set-up errors when using MoTec, but the numbers from iRacing make absolutely no sense, in particular tire-pressures/temps.
Is there a kind soul who can supply me with a link of some sort re. which pressures and temps to aim for?
I know there's no magic number, but a ball-park figure would be nice. :)

And of course, @SnappyDEe thanks for hosting. :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me play folks, not sure why i started 2nd after qualifying 3rd? Anyway, made a hash of eau rougue and got a time pen...then wrecked it at no name and came out near SnappyDee and he was putting the pressure on, then fumbled again trying to get the right screen up, then had full service pit stop.... :). Lots to learn.. I love Spa, great circuit in real life and in the virtual world. Pouhon is so difficult to get right. I was really have problems getting the Z4 to steer yesterday but made an effort to be smoother today and it helps a lot. james was very quick, didnt see where he went....thanks again.

Learning experience for me too. I also spent sometime doing nothing in pits trying to figure out what to do, then... 15 secs more for speeding in pits :notworthy: Anyway, I think I kept my (slow) pace and could complete with only one off track :)

Thanks again. Cya

To all learning pitstops on iR, that is why David does these type of races, so we can practice the routine with no pressure. Imagine if these were official races and where you would of finished. I did half the race and then went to sleep due to work, was nodding off during the qualiy session. Then the race with Troy made it real interesting, I waited for a good opportunity to pass with some momentum. Maybe I make a video on the short battle.

Thanks to everyone who joined in today and sorry for the late post.

I am going to be posting up some info on pit stops this week. Most importantly, you want to set up on the grid and be sure that "fast repair" is checked off. There is also a way to save a pit stop set up but I have to look into that before posting instructions here.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully we will continue to get more drivers as the weeks pass.

On to Laguna Seca next week! See you there.

Great race with Fritz just now! I qualified 4th and Fritz qualified 5th. Battled with several other cars. Moved up to the lead briefly the settled into 2nd. Had to defend (cleanly) and other cars attacked cleanly. Tight pit stops. I came out 4th after my stop but when they cycled through I grabbed 2nd again and just made a little gap. Fritz dropped back a bit after the first few laps but then fought back (with at least 3 other cars, mind you!) and started catching my but ran outer time/laps. We finished 2nd and third respectively. Wow! What a race.

Thanks Fritz! A couple more laps and you would've caught me. Great job!

Finally finished the edit, can find in the Racetube section:
http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/iracing.13108/

It's a long one, so get a cup of coffee first. Full race. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did racing it. Now, I have to start focusing on Sebring.

Last edited:
...think I'm ready for Sunday...

Two frustrating races for me in the BSS today. First race I was taken out in T1 lap 1 from behind. I didn't qualify well at all anyway so I just stuck with it and started gaining ground. After pitting was in 15th or so when my backend came around coming on to the back straight. Tires were getting really greasy and I had been struggling with tire temps and pressures so they must have been way too hot. Finished in the pits.

Second race I get taken out again in T1 L1. Again. This time the guy just drove straight across the track, I tried to avoid him by braking sending all the weight forward - he straightened out at first, then finished the job as I was still braking. I am surprised I didn't collect or even hit anyone as I spun madly out of control through the midfield and into the barriers.

I think I have only quit one race before, but I was done. I quit and then took to Seca for a few practice laps. When the races shine, they shine brightly. When they don't. Man can they be dark. Guess that's racing.

...think I'm ready for Sunday...

Two frustrating races for me in the BSS today. First race I was taken out in T1 lap 1 from behind. I didn't qualify well at all anyway so I just stuck with it and started gaining ground. After pitting was in 15th or so when my backend came around coming on to the back straight. Tires were getting really greasy and I had been struggling with tire temps and pressures so they must have been way too hot. Finished in the pits.

Second race I get taken out again in T1 L1. Again. This time the guy just drove straight across the track, I tried to avoid him by braking sending all the weight forward - he straightened out at first, then finished the job as I was still braking. I am surprised I didn't collect or even hit anyone as I spun madly out of control through the midfield and into the barriers.

I think I have only quit one race before, but I was done. I quit and then took to Seca for a few practice laps. When the races shine, they shine brightly. When they don't. Man can they be dark. Guess that's racing.
Sucks to hear that and its true what you say about races shining brightly. I try to put as much time into my qualifying pace as much as the race rhythm. Luckily with my races so far ive had good performances in qualifying and start up front. Sadly there aren't things you really can do about the people around you but have eyes in the back of your head and do your best to avoid.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%