iRacing Get’s an Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Update.jpg

iRacing has been updated recently, check out the change log details below.

Not quite the brobdingnagian change log of usual form from the iRacing developers, the most recent update to the online racing simulation is nevertheless a very solid one, keeping with the tradition of bringing our regular and useful updates to a simulation that is currently focussed exclusively on online racing, but is set to receive its very own offline AI in the coming months...

Highlights of the new build released in the last couple of days include some useful server commands for race admin, performance improvements with specific car and track combinations and other miscellaneous improvements as can be seen below.

iRacing Changelog:

Members Website
  • Fixed an issue with the Official Race Guide where some Series' Race Session start times were being displayed as 1 hour later than they actually were.
Race Control
  • Added a new Admin command, "!restart <single|double>" which allows Admins to change whether the upcoming restarts will be single or double file.
  • This can only be used if the event was configured for double file restarts in the first place.
  • You can change the restart type up before a caution changes to One To Go, but once a caution reaches One To Go, the restart type for that caution is locked.
  • Race Control will report to the Admin Channel what restart type the upcoming restart will be, when a Caution is thrown, so Admins can stay aware of how each restart will behave.
  • These commands are also available in the right-click pop-up menu.

Telemetry
  • The telemetry variable, "EnergyBatteryToMGU_KLapPct" has been renamed, "EnergyMGU_KLapDeployPct" to better reflect the blue energy percent per lap bar on the Porsche 919.

EasyAntiCheat
  • A new EAC library version has been imported that can more directly avoid issuing kicks when there is substantial packet loss.

CARS:
NASCAR Camping World Toyota Tundra

• The brand new Brett Moffitt paint scheme has been added to this vehicle!

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Chevrolet SS
  • Adjusted opponent vehicles to fix a frame rate issue at the plate tracks.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Ford Fusion

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Toyota Camry

TRACKS:
Sonoma Raceway

• The pace car driver at this track has received some additional training. He will no longer drive through the pit entry barrier.
  • Patched a world geometry seam on the driver's right-side at Turn 2.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the most recent update to the simulation? Enjoying iRacing so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Big words make feel sad :redface:
No progress report on the AI front, that would have made me contended (biggest word I could use for happy) I am dumb! :cry:

I really wish they would lower the price and make it a bit more user friendly for beginner's all you seem to be able to do starting out if you want populated circuit races is play the Mazda cup and get rammed of the track. I can't really justifying paying for Iracing when a membership for this site is 10euro per year.

I really wish they would lower the price and make it a bit more user friendly for beginner's all you seem to be able to do starting out if you want populated circuit races is play the Mazda cup and get rammed of the track. I can't really justifying paying for Iracing when a membership for this site is 10euro per year.

I use to be with you regarding the price but now i am ok with it...why?
Yes for $10 euros i can go premium here.....but the forms are open to everyone with a electronic device, which if you haven't noticed usually turns most threads into a sh!t show.....todays raceroom headline is an example.
Yes there is multiple race clubs thats why I continue to support the club as I play several sims...but you only get 1 time to race a day maybe 3 times a week in a sim
No career stat tracking etc.

"I" for the price find the closed forms to be a bit more civil, laser scanned cars and track excellent( wish they would update tracks).
Audio is very good
Hourly or bi hourly races
Every sim out there is trying to achieve a mp system like iracing
Whey more populated than the other titles which really struggle to find more than 10 open rooms after 8pm in my time zone.
The title covers more racing diciplines than any other title. (wish they had a kart)
I enjoy that they have alot of spec racing.
The price tends to weed out the noobs and clowns pretty quickly, and the ranking system keeps the clowns in lower classes.

What I really have come to respect is that the title is a true in developement project and continues to add new code to the engine....where as most other sims get released in a half ass beta state for $40-70 take 3-5 yrs to mature while pumping out dlc, end support after xxx amount of time and announce a new title just to go through all that crap again.

Is the title perfect...No... but either is any other title, but with the upcoming features already announced the title will only continue to improve.

Just my .02 cents but fully understand how the cost can rub someone the wrong way.

It is expensive.I joined about a year ago & committed to buying between £60-80 content a month for 6 months.When you have done this you can race when you choose because you have enough content & the correct licences.The ramming is not an issue once you are out of rookies although there are still a lot of heros trying to win on the fist lap or run every lap up front.
Most members tend to concentrate on being good just a few series so once you have "bought in" it becomes less costly.

Wouldnt say it was expensive,
but if you compare buying every single track and every single car,
you could buy the next 20 AAA racing game titles over the next 7 years,
I mean how to justify the costs ?

i have bought content for about 1.000€, and it's quality.
If Forza 7 for example was as expensive, online races would be better.
Raceroom is a really cheap game, i don't understant whey many cry about the price.
but i have cancelled my membership, i wait for AI and more content

Reactions: CC

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes