iRacing: 2019 Season 2 Patch 2 Update Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Update.jpg

A new update to iRacing has recently been released. Read on to find out what changed.

The new build, deployed April 5th, contains the usual list of fixes, improvements and changes to the online racing service. The latest build includes improved animation transitions during pitstops for the IndyCar content, various miscelanious changes and other such improvements, as can be seen below.

iRacing BETA Interface - 01.00.27-beta
  • Session Registration is now disabled if the Session is full.
  • New filters have been added to the Car List.
  • License Requirement Filtering now utilizes License Group instead of License Levels.
  • For Tag filters, License Levels have been rearranged in descending order.
  • Noon is now the default simulated starting time when creating any Hosted Session.
  • Navigating to the Error page without having an actual error now redirects the user to the home page.
  • The turquoise banner alerting the user that the Series they are browsing in Unranked has been removed.
  • The tinted overlay on the images for the Home Page News Slider has been reduced.
  • Fixed an issue where the Results for an event would automatically switch which session type results it was displaying.
  • Fixed an issue where trying to load a Replay at the Nürburgring Combined track would ask you to buy something you already own.
  • Fixed an issue with Grid View where items would change location after becoming a favorite (starred).
  • Fixed an issue with Grid View where some sorting options were not working.

Membersite
  • Prior to this release, the login pages, shopping cart, billing, and purchasing pages and "My Account" portion of the membersite were delivered via HTTPS. With this release, all remaining portions of the membersite are also delivered via HTTPS.
- - With the exception of the forums, all pages of the membersite should be marked as secure at all times. This displays as a green lock in Firefox, a grey lock in Chrome, and a clear lock in Edge. If you encounter any pages which are not secure or which display Mixed Content warnings, please contact support@iracing.com and these will be corrected.
- - The forums will also be delivered via HTTPS, but will display Mixed Content warnings when members include image links from insecure sites. These do NOT need to be reported as it is the expected behavior and functions in the same manner as other forums and news aggregations sites. All data between the browser and iRacing's web infrastructure remains encrypted.​

Internet Explorer
  • With this release, Internet Explorer will no longer properly display various portions of the membersite. As discussed in the 2019 Season 2 Release Notes, support for all versions of Internet Explorer was dropped on March 5, 2019. Members currently using Internet Explorer should begin using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge to access the membersite.

iRacing Test Drive Service
The iRacing Test Drive service has been updated with the latest and greatest content!

Simultaneous Multi-Projection (SMP) Rendering
Fixed an issue that was causing missing or flashing triangles near the edges of the screen when using SMP "perspective surround w-warping multi-projection" with a GTX2000 series GPU.

Single Pass Stereo (SPS) Rendering
Fixed SPS to work correctly with non-parallel eye projections on GTX2000 series GPUs.
- - GTX1000 series GPUs are unable to do this with SPS enabled.​

Pit Stop Animation - Indycars
Transitions between animations have been smoothed to reduce animation flicker.

Virtual Reality
Fixed an issue with the visor tear-offs not appearing in right-eye when Single-Pass Stereo (SPS) Rendering was enabled.

Dirt Late Model
(ALL) - Passenger-side WOO decal has been moved up to where it was located last season.

Bristol Motor Speedway
Opponent cars at this track should now be less inclined to run up into the outside wall.

Charlotte Motor Speedway
Fixed a track surface bump in the backstretch apron near the chicane.

Eldora Speedway
Gravity now affects the animated pit crew waiting for your vehicle normally here.

To stay on top of the latest iRacing happenings, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

As he and I talked, it became clear to me that this isn't the final iteration of the NTM7 Skippy but the first and there was a reduction in engine power as you've seen while there was no reduction in grip. It should have been the other way around. There was excessive grip in previous versions because the tire models were not as realistic as NTM7 and NTM7 doesn't require as much grip. Expect to see power restored and less grip as NTM7 gets tweaked thanks to your testing.
So eventhough v7 is hyped as even more realistic than v6 then the behaviour is less realistic - right?
Sounds a bit strange to me :whistling:
24zerv4.jpg

So eventhough v7 is hyped as even more realistic than v6 then the behaviour is less realistic - right?
Sounds a bit strange to me :whistling:
Like i wrote before it was a terrible choice to put their new tyre model on the Skippy in the first place. It looks for me, they just made this choice to sell more of it and the Radical would've been the best choice IMO or this horrible Cadillac, but they are 'for free'.

The Skip Barber was a fantasy-car before TM7 and they made this car simcade with TM6 already. Before it was a bit too much for noobs and i had some trouble to keep it on the track as well, because i didn't know how to drive it. The open differential makes it oversteering too much off throttle. The rF2-Skippy seems ridiculous to drive first, but when you learn to stay on the throttle to keep it stable and even save a spin while hitting the throttle, it's one of the most satisfying cars to drive in Sim-Racing. iRacing seems to make cars far more easy to sell their stuff and that's not a good thing.

Personally, not one sim feels ultra realistic to me and are nothing more than video games for my racing enjoyment.

When I want realism I jump in a kart, do a track day or run the local Kananaskis rally course.

Spend less time complaining about games and play what you enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Personally, not one sim feels ultra realistic to me and are nothing more than video games for my racing enjoyment during the colder months

When I want realism I jump in a kart, do a track day or run the local Kananaskis rally course.

Spend less time complaining about things and play what you enjoy ;)
I did two kart-races last year with heavy, but strong e-Karts on the Nürburgring indoor-track. Real racing is always different and i prefer sim-racing by far. From my experience Kart Sim for rF2 was the best and pCars 2 second.

I can't say I've been blown away by any of the kart mods to date. The two I run from time to time are kart pro and kart Kraft, but both still have a ways to go.
Until the tech becomes available that can calculate the users weight and shifting of weight from left to right during cornering into the physics virtual karts just seem flat and odd to me.

Maybe a motion sim would help, but do I really want to spend a few thousand $$ on gaming ?
Much rather spend it on RL experiences

On the one hand I agree with Brian, but like Fabian says, choice is never bad and I hope it will bring in some more customers who will eventually filter into the online. I think the less than breathtaking speed at which this Project progresses says a lot about where iRacing puts its focus.

..choice is never bad and I hope it will bring in some more customers who will eventually filter into the online. I think the less than breathtaking speed at which this Project progresses says a lot about where iRacing puts its focus.
If there is a focus:whistling:
Im not so sure AI will "filter" (persuade) more new users from AI to non-AI online - than the opposite way.
Because there will also be a numbers of members who because they are unsatisfied with the mandatory wreckfest a lot of online races are - will "filter" the opposite way and use most of their time against AIs in the future.
You just have to scan how many users of Raceroom, rF2, AC and ACC who does refer their daily "races" against AI as the main reason they use so much time on their prefered sim.
And a lot of time these "races" are described as much better than against "idiotic" human drivers.:)

Most of the time my rating was between 1300-1900.
And some of the few situations where I could get away from divebombers, 1st corner heroes or braketest idiots was when I was so lucky to qual up front.;)
Because then the 3-4 guys beside/behind me regularly was able to control their cars.:thumbsup:
Gridding in the midfield was more or less suicidal because of the uncontrolled agressivity - and the lack of skills.
Hehe only the lower midfield was worse - because here you could often find losers who have more or less given up upping their rating and often was looking like their agenda was only to spoil others races.:poop:

NOTE: The reason I aborted my membership after 5+ years was 2 sided:
1. Because I got fed up by the mentioned quality of the races
2. Because I stopped believing that this most lousy tire model(IMO) compared against the opposition would get any better in my lifetime.:rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.