rF2 International Formula 3 @ Silverstone - Wed 17th Dec

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Car Failure ==> O, please give me a break (brake)

Incident ==> Who needs wings to fly?

Mental state! ==> As long it has wheels!!! ==> I'll keep on driving !!!

Sorry for the brake problems. I forgot about it.. :speechless: I could turn off mech failures. :whistling:

Thanks for those who didn't want to give up. :thumbsup:

IFS3.jpg

Was a bit surprised after the qualy with P1 :cool:

Had a good start from the line but missed the first brake point with the cold brakes :(
Then i chased @Yuri Kasdorp for some laps before the big brake mess started. Managed it through all the troubles around me again in the lead. But after 3-4 laps of clean air my brakes failed to. So i adjusted my driving and could keep the gap to P2 more or less constant. But with 4 laps to go my last brake disk said goodbye. So i was an even bigger challenge to defend P1. But luckily i did :thumbsup:

P2!! Best ever finish!! I'd like to thank my race engineers on teamspeak for warning me of the brake failures ha ha. I pretty much nursed the car home in p2 when I saw everyone else drop out.

Was good fun to be honest. I qualified p6 I think but I decided to DQ myself and dropped to the back of the grid on the greenlight as I had all 4 wheels off the track on my fastest time. I enjoyed making my way through the field and chaos :)

Thanks for the setup Frank

Well this was interesting.:cool:
The first few laps were very fun with the cars battling for positions in a fair manner.
After a while i started to climb some positions and found myself in third without passing anyone.
This was confusing and a sign of things to come. Halfway to the finish i found out why i was in the top 3. My brakes failed and everything became clear. :D
If it wee closer to the end i would continue but with that much time to go i decided to call it a day.;)
Congrats to all that finished.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Funny thing happened in Q, I had a car which had already spun trying to overtake me on a Q lap, then although clearly faster it choose to start a new lap right on my tail and promptly took me out after 2 turns in a fit of impatience. That's OK. Incredibly tho he seemed to go on to blame ME for this :p!. This guy, now he has some of the bloody-mindedness of a professional race car driver!

R was going OK, was just turning into t1 after a few laps and a car materialised out of nowhere on track and we are both out the race.

I seen that 'lag crash' happen with Bulgin+someone, things like this have always happened from time to time, not sure it is this build.

I raced this mod for 60 mins, same version, for an hour at Essington I and everybody had no brake problems, most strange!

Funny thing happened in Q, I had a car which had already spun trying to overtake me on a Q lap, then although clearly faster it choose to start a new lap right on my tail and promptly took me out after 2 turns in a fit of impatience. That's OK. Incredibly tho he seemed to go on to blame ME for this :p!. This guy, now he has some of the bloody-mindedness of a professional race car driver!

R was going OK, was just turning into t1 after a few laps and a car materialised out of nowhere on track and we are both out the race.

I seen that 'lag crash' happen with Bulgin+someone, things like this have always happened from time to time, not sure it is this build.

I raced this mod for 60 mins, same version, for an hour at Essington I and everybody had no brake problems, most strange!

You can just say my name by the way, I also didn't spin out, you came out of the pit (I checked the replay) and blocked me the entire lap. Anyway, it doesn't matter, but if you don't agree you can contact me in PM.

I checked the replay
Check it again :) Your mistaken, on this occasion the mistake is on you my friend :) I locked up and nearly took out Nicolas Delamere in race too, these things can happen. Fortunately not this time, he missed me.

Frank I never mention no names in reports under any circumstance re incidents for or against as I am not interested in arguments. As you say it does not matter, this i just a bit of fun! A simple misunderstanding, you thought I was on outlap when I was not, this is all. I did not block you, you got your facts wrong this time. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back