MGP20 Interesting info - Milestone and Caletti about crashes, AI respawn, etc...

We know about three part tyres, fuel etc... BUT
I saw some Milestone's manager Caletti's replies in FaceBook about some important aspects in new game:
1) Crashes will be longer - bike will come to complete stop in sandpit\gravel
2) respawn will STILL BE there, but in the spot where bike has stopped, so rider still will have get on the track at first.
3) bike more realistic damage has been promised, so such crashed rider should be not so fast anymore...
4) AI will have retirements! And even highsides on worn tyres...
Very interesting, Caletti metioned that work will continue in this area (in later games, next year, etc.)
I really hope, it will be step forward...

Last edited:
They're adding small details to a not to solid gameplay. MotoGP 19 is a very enjoyable game until practice/qualy ends and the race begins: AI crashes into my back and can't follow a proper racing line. Not talking about the unrealistically HUGE gaps between the riders.
I don't even understand how they don't care about it.

I do not notice large gaps, somehow, though. But physics was "toned down" after a few updates. When I brake, even strongly, there is no bike wobbling at all. It is stable. When accelerating - then - yes, if I press throttle too much and highside is possible. In MotoGP18, I remember, braking had to be made carefully.
But AI respawning immediately, in the cases of rare crashes, almost no mistakes, no retirements, races were boring. In spite of a bit better randomizing. The best thing was that typically a few riders who has qualified, for example, 5th, drops down to 17th position in first turn. Some people complained about this, but I think this is the only interesting thing, making races just a bit more unpredictable.

Last edited:
Watched a video of someone who has managed to get hold of the game already on YouTube last night and the thing about crashing is true. Also the pack has their own crashes during the race. Pre ordered it yesterday and looking forward to getting stuck in when its released.

Watched a video of someone who has managed to get hold of the game already on YouTube last night and the thing about crashing is true. Also the pack has their own crashes during the race. Pre ordered it yesterday and looking forward to getting stuck in when its released.
I also saw these videos! Seems to be a huge step forward... During that crash in Mugello camera also switched to on bike gyro camera...
And that another video I saw as well "pack has their own crashes" - in Catalunya... :)

You can pre order at CD keys, £21 or something.
My key was accepted in Steam, so I'm all set to go.

I also read an interview where the devs said there's a large day one patch.
Only mentioned that in case the vids so far aren't entirely accurate.
I was really worried about the stoppies into corners and not crashing.
It was to demonstrate the extreme in response to being asked how accommodating the game is to new players.

What new players? There is a lot of " kids". I have enough to see videos on youtube (PS4) and seeing all this REWIND and REWIND... when of crashing. What the hell.
I never used this crap feature (as well as ideal racing line). Obviously there are all these kids", who have totally different understading, they do not care about realism.
I am not surprised that Milestone can get away with all this "respawn" longing for so many years.

Last edited:
You can pre order at CD keys, £21 or something.
My key was accepted in Steam, so I'm all set to go.

I also read an interview where the devs said there's a large day one patch.
Only mentioned that in case the vids so far aren't entirely accurate.
I was really worried about the stoppies into corners and not crashing.
It was to demonstrate the extreme in response to being asked how accommodating the game is to new players.

Bought mine from cdkeys too. Mine also worked fine.

What new players? There is a lot of idiots. I have enough to see videos on youtube (PS4) and seeing all this REWIND and REWIND... when of crashing. What the hell.
I never used this crap feature (as well as ideal racing line). Obviously there are all these idiots, who have totally different understading, they do not care about realism.
I am not surprised that Milestone can get away with all this "respawn" crap longing for so many years.
You seriously need to talk to someone.
It's a GAME, my sons will play this game for FUN! They will want those features, I won't.
Guess what, I will scream at Milestone and vent all my hatred...or turn them off?
Perhaps someone should beat the tar out of you whenever you have a crash, for purely simulation reasons of course.

What new players? There is a lot of "kids". I have enough to see videos on youtube (PS4) and seeing all this REWIND and REWIND... when of crashing. What the hell.
I never used this crap feature (as well as ideal racing line). Obviously there are all these 'kids", who have totally different understading, they do not care about realism.
I am not surprised that Milestone can get away with all this "respawn" crap longing for so many years.

Sorry, I was emotional, so I reformulated my post, he-he. I communicated with Milestone OK, because they at least prolonged crash scene, and made some improvements. This year they communicate more (better) than before.

You should have looked harder. Milestone said they created a simulator then had to 'dumb' it down for people to play.
Then the feedback is pure vitriol and hate, totally the way to get them to do what you ask. Not a shocker when devs ignore us.

You should have looked harder. Milestone said they created a simulator then had to 'dumb' it down for people to play.
Then the feedback is pure vitriol and hate, totally the way to get them to do what you ask. Not a shocker when devs ignore us.

i dont understand why they dont make the normal game plus maybe "Moto GP Pro" like they did with the MXGP games but only include Moto GP and no career mode for those who want full sim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back