F1 2011 Input delay

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

I recently got F1 2011 for the PC and im using the Thrustmaster F430 Cockpit wheel and i've noticed theres a small input delay compared to the PS3 where there is none. I tried mucking around with the settings but i dont know what they do and if they will help.

Does anybody know how to get rid of it cause its a pain having to use TC.

Cheers folks

Try overriding input device to steering wheel. Maybe it will help.

Ok i'll give it a go later and see what happens. So annoying cause its much better than the ps3 :(

*EDIT* It seems to have done the trick, cheers :thumbsup:

I also have the same issue, and when I do select it as WHEEL, then it has this weird almost 'deadzone' lower sensitivity in the middle, which irritates the manure out of me, and I can't use it like that. Do either of you experience it like that?

It makes my driving feel totally un-linear, if that makes any sense?

Really close to unistalling this game and selling the DVD. This game can be so infuriating sometimes.

• Deleted member 90535

I also have the same issue, and when I do select it as WHEEL, then it has this weird almost 'deadzone' lower sensitivity in the middle, which irritates the manure out of me, and I can't use it like that. Do either of you experience it like that?

It makes my driving feel totally un-linear, if that makes any sense?

Really close to unistalling this game and selling the DVD. This game can be so infuriating sometimes.
Do you have any of the advanced options changed (except for brake deadzone)? I'm playing with everything set on 0% (only brake deadzone is set on 2%) and I have no issues. I'm using Logitech Driving Force GT.

What i've got is a very slight delay between me pressing the pedal and the game carrying out the action, the steering wheel is fine though. But this was with the setting to my wheel not with the input override. With the input it has been reduced but its still there.

Do you have any of the advanced options changed (except for brake deadzone)? I'm playing with everything set on 0% (only brake deadzone is set on 2%) and I have no issues. I'm using Logitech Driving Force GT.

I hate deadzones, no deadzones set anywhere.

In this case it won't matter anyway, as the only variable that changes is setting it from any of the others to WHEEL. I do not experience this when setting it to anything other than WHEEL.

What i've got is a very slight delay between me pressing the pedal and the game carrying out the action, the steering wheel is fine though. But this was with the setting to my wheel not with the input override. With the input it has been reduced but its still there.

Yes, the input delay is always there. After playing rFactor, and then playing THIS, you can notice the steering wheel on the screen later much clearer.

• Deleted member 90535

Then I don't know the solution, sorry. As a said earlier, I do not experience any problems.

In my case, it helped to select "Thrustmaster T500RS" (pick the profile that matches your wheels' name) and change the button config from there - when I picked custom and started from there, the wheel was acting up. I haven't had to override the input type, it worked perfectly fine.

I hate deadzones, no deadzones set anywhere.

In this case it won't matter anyway, as the only variable that changes is setting it from any of the others to WHEEL. I do not experience this when setting it to anything other than WHEEL.

Yes, the input delay is always there. After playing rFactor, and then playing THIS, you can notice the steering wheel on the screen later much clearer.

I seem to remember in game audio settings could sometimes cause input lag. Try changing 'rapture' to 'software' in the game settings, or vice versa.

Also I believe there is a relationship between really high frame rates and weird wheel behaviour. If this is applicable to you, say over 60fps, use V-sync to cap your fames and see if that helps.

With regards to the horrible lifeless feeling in the center of you wheel, this also happens on Logi G27's. The workaround is to set 107% in the windows profiler for overall feedback. Hopefully there is something similar for your wheel.

Hope some of this helps.

OK, after calming down after a few days, I re-installed her, and tried a few things, On the first try, with all settings as they were previously, it was still the same.

BUT then I reduced the Graphics Preset from High to medium, and VOILA, we have a winner :)

So the trick is seemingly to put as little strain as possible onto your PC.

Try it and let me know if it works.

And this was on Rapture3d, by the way. Changing to software didn't make any difference,

Yeah that's right, you didn't get a slipstream without 2%, but that was addressed in one of the patches.

That was it ..... slipstream. I couldn't find that word in in my head, my brain cell was on a sabbatical it seems, hence the use of 'tow' :thumbsup:

I didn't realise they fixed it though ..... I'll have to try and find the patch notes, these brain cell sabbaticals are happening too often ;)

EDIT: Nope .... can't see that one listed. I don't think they had notes for Patch 1, as they were too embarrassed by it ...

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...4-patch-status-thread-updated-18-11-11-a.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back