Initial thoughts

It is good, very very good.
The FFB is informative, driving feel is natural.
I like the UI layout it is easy to navigate with a very clean user friendly presentation.
The setup pages are informative and easy to use.

In full disclosure I am running a mid-low end PC (G4560/1050ti) and in practice alone on track, in sunny conditions with settings down the middle I'm getting 90-100fps.
Frame rates are buttery smooth with no drops in performance noticed.
Running an LG ultra wide 2560x1080 @75mhz.

My one and only notice is the game is whitewashed out, I had to turn down contrast and fiddle with black stabilizer on my monitor.

What you can try is raising the down sampling setting (forgot what it's called) to 200.
Just wondering about this. Raising the resolution setting above 100, does this also have a performance hit?

Steam has it's own FPS counter, which is good because FRAPs doesn't seem to work with this game.
Also I find that for tweaking settings MSI afterburner is great as you can have an overlay of CPU, GPU, Ram with temps frequencies and usage figures which can help with analysis

Fonseck did very good work, but ACC is just better. It's not just the engine sound, but the transmission, the gearshifting, the annoying "BEEEEEE" sound, the brakes...
Captured the hydraulic noises too, albeit Rf2/URD did this first with the Ford GTE :)

I have the season pass for PCars 2 and only just tried the new Ferrari pack ACC even with its single car and track combo has just had me hooked.

Noticed you are using the I7-3770.
Did you have to use the PCI-e hack to get your videocard to PCI-e 3.0 or did it do it natively out-of-the-box?
I've just been using it out of the box. GPU was PCI-e 3.0 on the old motherboard. Not tested it properly on the new one as just wanted a quick fix after the P8Z77 v-pro died on me...
Using a GA-H61 now and lost a bunch of functionality...
But looking to upgrade soon to i5 8600k or may wait to see if the Coffee Lake refresh is not too much more expensive and go for the i5 9600k instead

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.