Initial thoughts

It is good, very very good.
The FFB is informative, driving feel is natural.
I like the UI layout it is easy to navigate with a very clean user friendly presentation.
The setup pages are informative and easy to use.

In full disclosure I am running a mid-low end PC (G4560/1050ti) and in practice alone on track, in sunny conditions with settings down the middle I'm getting 90-100fps.
Frame rates are buttery smooth with no drops in performance noticed.
Running an LG ultra wide 2560x1080 @75mhz.

My one and only notice is the game is whitewashed out, I had to turn down contrast and fiddle with black stabilizer on my monitor.

Use Steam's FPS counter!

Top left: Steam > Settings > In-Game > In-game FPS counter

That lies though.

I was driving down the main straight with a full grid in the pissing rain and I was probably getting 2-3fps it was like a slide show and Steam said I was getting 54.
Massive pinch of salt required.

Try MSI afterburner or your graphics card manufacturer they usually have one included in their software.

Long thread and unable to slog through the whole thing while at work.

Tried it for the first time last night and despite what I have heard I think the FFB is not to shabby. It could do with a bit more feedback when it comes to small bumps and going over curbs but overall it is good. No real complaints.

The GFX seem a bit dated. I do not judge a sim by its GFX but I was expecting more. Due to my GFX card I had to tone some stuff down but even at its highest setting it was more rFactor than what I am used to from AC.

The biggest issue I had was being able to (or in my case not being able to) use my keyboard and button box for binds. I have the Fanatec CSL PS 4 with the Elite pedals. There are not enough buttons on my wheel to bind to all that I use, such as the ignition/starter, and it was quite frustrating. Am I missing something?

Overall I realize this is an early release so I am going to be patient.

Got the rattling too, T500RS?
Even using the OSW, I had some loose bump detail (spikes) coming through near center (straights); I added a small bit of friction in SimuCube and it helped a lot. I think part of what we need to adapt to with ACC is the affect of the tire-flex and, even the new aero-model. I can feel both of those aspects affecting the FFB although, I do think there could be a bit less dampening applied for a bit of margin with the detail. Adding more dampening via the wheel-software is easy to do - if needed.

I won't refund cause i want to support them, but my god the graphics are really ugly. I don't understand how so many like it. Its completely washed out and doesn't look real. I take iRacing and AC graphics anyday over this.
Obviously it does have the fancy effects, features and extra details but it doesn't look new gen.

Unreal Engine was a terrible idea tbh

I won't refund cause i want to support them, but my god the graphics are really ugly. I don't understand how so many like it. Its completely washed out and doesn't look real. I take iRacing and AC graphics anyday over this.
Obviously it does have the fancy effects, features and extra details but it doesn't look new gen.

Unreal Engine was a terrible idea tbh
I disagreed with you because there isn't a confused smiley and disagree is the only option I can use...

I'd be interested to know what set up you have and also what settings you're running.

I know some people are having issues with the graphics as I feel there is some heavy optimisation coming over the coming months, but ugly? It's like we are looking at different titles...

1060 6gb with i7 3770k.
Frames aren't the issue, maybe cause I'm only on a 1080p it doesn't look as clear as if it was on a 1440p or higher. Two things that ruin it for me is the low res dash and the blurry road textures while driving. Can actually see textures disappearing on the tarmac if you use bonnet cam
Just the graphics don't look natural for me.

Last edited:
Have any other pad users (XBox 360 controller in my case) got no FFB? It's annoying me because I can tell it's a stunning game and it runs well on my system.

Having said that, the excellent audiovisual feedback in the game allows me to compensate somewhat for the lack of FFB

I have XBox One Controller and no, I have no rumble/vibration. I am not concerned at this stage as it is "early access" (beta) and AC1 has good (gamepad) vibration. I am happy to wait until game is complete (Vers 1.0).

Reducing the AA helps but then the aliasing looks terrible and I'm not normally that sensitive to aliasing.

AA is a must for racing sims. There's no other type of game that suffers more from lack of AA.

What you can try is raising the down sampling setting (forgot what it's called) to 200.

How are people measuring fps - is there an inbuilt counter?

Steam has it's own FPS counter, which is good because FRAPs doesn't seem to work with this game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%