Information on Server performance and timeout (503) issues.

Edit: they think they have fixed the issue:) 503's should be much less common.
Original post:
By Sonat Ozturk on the raceroom forums.
Source
Hi all,

Since the last patch you might have noticed slowness and even timeouts (error 503) within the game. We are investigating what is causing some of our services to hang/freeze which causes these heavy load spikes.

During the investigation, we might turn off some services altogether in order to help with finding the culprit but also to ease the load so you can race with no interruptions.

We are in the process of switching to a new, improved database system that will hopefully solve these problems. However this is going to take a while so in the meantime we will do our everything we can to reduce the timeouts you guys are receiving with temp solutions, even if it means we have to disable some things.

We are also working on reducing certain online dependencies between different systems that will also help reducing these problems.

Our deepest apologies for all the interruptions these server issues might have caused you.

Last edited:
new information suggests that if you rename or delete your documents/games/simbin folder it may remove 503 problems. if you are still unable to enter the game due to 503's can you please rename that folder and see if it works then report back. (the game will generate a new one which you can copy your wheel profiles to)

The error 503 issues seem to have abated - BUT................
I'm constantly getting error 12001 or something like that now. "disconnected from server error"
Sometimes I can finish my game and when I exit I see an error message saying I was disconnected from the server. Sometimes the game freezes and crashes and gives me the same error.
I don't know the exact error or message. Just going from memory.

My internet is rock solid so, not sure what's going on.

Life goes on.:coffee:

I replace my video card and cant find were to change the resolution settings. I found it in all other games but not in RRoom?? Not being able to log in doesnt help either but 1 thing at a time.
Anyone know where I go to config resolution?? Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back