IndyCar: St. Pete Race Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just sat down to watch the race live on Sky F1 and after like 4 laps there’s an ad break... on live sports!
Didn’t F1 stop doing that about 10 years ago?
Ok rant over, as you were...

So just sat down to watch the race live on Sky F1 and after like 4 laps there’s an ad break... on live sports!
Didn’t F1 stop doing that about 10 years ago?
Ok rant over, as you were...

Live events in North America are half ad breaks. That's just how it is in the new world. :speechless:

Watching the live stream on the Sportsnet.ca website for us Canucks, and it keeps crapping out every 5 minutes in Chrome. Way to go, Sportsnet... Having to watch it in MS Edge now, which doesn't work with chromecast so I'm sitting at my desk watching it :rolleyes:

Ok new rant...
Sky seem to go to ad beaks our of sync with the telecast so I get scheduled ad breaks with the stream, sky ad breaks and also periods of silence when the stream is in an ad break but sky isn’t...
Never mind, at least I know what’s coming up on Sky one and amazon prime..

Ok new rant...
Sky seem to go to ad beaks our of sync with the telecast so I get scheduled ad breaks with the stream, sky ad breaks and also periods of silence when the stream is in an ad break but sky isn’t...
Never mind, at least I know what’s coming up on Sky one and amazon prime..

That's ridiculous. The commercial breaks should at least be timed with the source... That's kind of the standard way of doing things.

Use Mark Miles words. "it was not (profitable)". Absolutely nothing about breaking even. If he said the series was at least breaking even, he would have said that. He didn't.
Well fine, I follow Indycar for quite a while, I remember them saying the series now is not losing money anymore at least for the first time since it's creation, which doesn't make it profitable. That's the whole point of breaking even. But whatever, some people have no fix lol

Well fine, I follow Indycar for quite a while, I remember them saying the series now is not losing money anymore at least for the first time since it's creation, which doesn't make it profitable. That's the whole point of breaking even. But whatever, some people have no fix lol

Yup you were a cheerleader at trackforum. You can say you remember all you want, Mark Miles words say it all. No profit in decades...

Yup you were a cheerleader at trackforum. You can say you remember all you want, Mark Miles words say it all. No profit in decades...
I'm for sure not a cheerleader, the series is not worth it since they lost the chance to do the right thing years ago. But you are correct, no profit in decades, to be more precise since it's creation, as I said ;)
They should have sold it to NASCAR if they ever had the chance. I used to be against it but ALMS did and IMSA is doing better than ever. Indycar would at least have the ovals to race.

The only ovals that can stay in schedule for a long time are Indy, Texas and Iowa, anything else will come and go imo. I wish half of the schedule were ovals. If at least they got Fontana and Michigan back would be amazing

Great race to me, when strategy works and change things like today is interesting. The way Newgarden appeared first at mid race and how the grid order changed was just fantastic.

I'm personally not sad to see ovals go. Always been more of a road course fan myself.

I just wish there was a viable, non-borderline extortionate, way for me to watch.

The only ovals that can stay in schedule for a long time are Indy, Texas and Iowa, anything else will come and go imo. I wish half of the schedule were ovals. If at least they got Fontana and Michigan back would be amazing

Theres nothing coming, their all going. And losing two ovals means indycar is staying in the gutter with 15 races. Technically 14, because indycay has a bogus clause that states two races on the same weekend in Detroit equals two races :rolleyes:

Is this the definition of momentum?

They'll end up accepting NASCAR offer to share ovals, even NASCAR will need more events to bring people to watch their races so Indycar will gain on this, one hand washes the other.
They have been talking about momentum since 2012, I see no momentum all this time

Doubt that one bit. WTF are you talking about Nascar needing more events?? Thats never gonna happen either. The talk is Nascar shortening their grouling schedule, not lengthen it.

And Nascar's tv ratings have grown every race this year, they dont need an amateur indycar for nothing.

More events in a weekend on the track, not more races for NASCAR itself............ :rolleyes:
There was a talk to both series share an event already for this year but didnt go ahead, they said to keep it on the table. NASCAR has more ratings but less butts on the track every season.
I see this last sentence shows you have some hate for Indycar. Well, thanks for wasting my time. Fanboys and haters, meh.

More events in a weekend on the track
Yeah, like indycar is gonna race on a Saturday :rolleyes:

There was a talk to both series share an event already for this year but didnt go ahead, they said to keep it on the table.

No, there was one track promoter saying this, not NASCAR. And theres nothing to 'keep on the table'. And whos they? Eddie?

NASCAR has more ratings but less butts on the track every season.
I see this last sentence shows you have some hate for Indycar. Well, thanks for wasting my time. Fanboys and haters, meh.

Less butts? Whens NASCAR lost a wide swath of tracks lately due to attendance? indycar continues to shed races away and even more after 2019. No fanboy here, I'm more of a realist then a blind cheerleader. Hater... lol - indycars woes are hardly mine, they've done this all to them selves. Whats to hate?

Doubt that one bit. WTF are you talking about Nascar needing more events?? Thats never gonna happen either. The talk is Nascar shortening their grouling schedule, not lengthen it.

And Nascar's tv ratings have grown every race this year, they dont need an amateur indycar for nothing.
So, you know nothing about IndyCar. What else?

So, you know nothing about IndyCar. What else?

If you read the thread, you could answer your own question. indycars I500 tv ratings are at a history low and has dropped year after year. Mark Miles was asking for $40mill for the tv contract, he had to settle for a measely $15.
TV ratings, the series, are at an all time low, hovering around 0.1-0.2 with last years highest rated race earning a 0.3.
They have lost tracks hand over fist, with two more ovals getting the ax after 2019. And even having to have a single race weekend count as 'two races' to fulfill contractual obligations.
In 2017, Mark Miles said the series as a whole, hasn't been profitable. Thats over a decade. And before that, the IRL never once turned a profit as well.

What else you say... anything else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back